EM7750s are "Turned Off" every reboot ever since 1903

We have about 60 Panasonic CF53s with EM7750s that we are trying to upgrade to Windows 10 1903, but after the upgrade the modules show as “Turned Off” every time the system boots. The only way to get them to turn back on is to flip the hardware WiFi switch on the machines off and back on again.

I called Panasonic and they told me it was a Sierra Wireless issue and there was nothing they could do.

I have the latest USB Drivers (Build 4836) and firmware for the card (3.5.10.13). Has anyone experienced this before and managed to resolve it? We are no longer legally allowed to keep these machines running 1809 because of security purposes, so not upgrading to 1903 is not an option.

1 Like

I am having exactly the same issue. I installed 1903 initial, but then dropped down to an earlier version to verify what OP stated is indeed correct. Is there any communications between Microsoft and Sierra Wireless to fix this issue?

We have exactly the same issue using MC7304 and MC7430 modules. The problem isn’t limited to Sierra Wireless devices either, we’ve experienced the exact same issue using Quectel modules.

It’s a Windows 1903 issue - that still isn’t resolved. With Microsoft forcing 1903 on all users this month, it’s going to be an even bigger problem.

Same issue with EM7565 and 1903. After toggling Airplane mode it works fine. As a workaround I have implemented a script that toggles Airplane mode on the module itself when Windows boots or returns from sleep. Has there been any update from Sierra on this?

same problem with my mc7710, even in win10 1909, but it works fine in 1809, so this is a bug undoubtedly!

Same results for me also in 1909. EM7565 still not working until Airplane mode toggle.