MC7304 - Windows 10 issue

Hello,

we have problems with MC7304 cards installed in Panasonic Toughbooks. Since Win10 update 1903, there is the issue with the mobile connection.

After Windows starts, the status of the mobile connection is “Turned off” and the mobile switch button does not react. The name of the operator is displayed correctly and the internet access works. So there is the issue, that Windows says “no internet connection” nevertheless connection works.

The only way to show status correctlly is switch the airplane mode on and than switch it back off. After that the mobile connection get status “Connected” and the mobile switch button begin works. Until next shutdown / restart / sleep.

This issue is present on all commputers with Windows 10 1903+. Before this update, everything worked fine.

All drivers and updates are up to date.
I tried clean installation, but w/o luck.
Thx.

I am experiencing a similar problem with EM7455 in a Nuvo-7006LP from OnLogic. I am running Windows 10 Pro 1909. I have also tried a clean install. I am running the latest drivers from Sierra Wireless:
https://source.sierrawireless.com/resources/airprime/software/airprime-em_mc-series-windows-drivers-qmi-build-4836

Interestingly, in Device Manger -> Network Adapters there are two listings for the Sierra Wireless:
Sierra Wireless Snapdragon X7 LTE-A WWAN Network Adapter
Sierra Wireless Snapdragon X7 LTE-A WWAN Network Adapter #2

…and when I look click on the network icon in the task bar there are two listing for the modem (Verizon Wireless). I can get one to list as connected while the other is always disconnected, however, I have no internet connection.

Images of the dual network adapters (there is only one EM7455 installed)

Cellular connection with two entries:

Cellular%20Connection

it’s a bug for win10, the only thing we can do is waiting, although half year has past.

Exactly same happens with HP 2560p/2570p’s and Sierra modules (windows 10 build 1903-1909) (MC8355)

hurry up and wait. not the best when it mission critical. I guess reverting back to 1803-1809 if that is possible.

In 1809 all works perfect…but you need to reinstall all the OS (It’s absurd to make this If you manage 20+ laptops…). This needs a fix!

Here you have same related bug: https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/d2628eaf-0983-4c5a-b9b6-c89c78a807d8/windows-1903-cellular-connection-will-not-start-automatically?forum=win10itpronetworking

Hope anyone can help to solve this bug. It last more than half years.

Hello Celticscorpio,

Thank you for posting your question in Microsoft Community.

This issue may appear due to incorrect network settings on your computer or third party security software creating conflict. Wireless network driver can also be a possible cause for this issue.

I would suggest you to follow all the steps (one at a go) and check after each step.

Method 1 :

Try to run in build troubleshooter ( Network adapter troubleshooter ) and check if it helps.

1. Press Windows key on the keyboard.
  2. Type troubleshooting in the search tab and press Enter .
  3. Click View all on left panel .
  4. Click Network Adapter , new window will popup.
  5. Follow the on screen instructions.

Method 2 :

Try to enable Wireless service .

1. Press Windows key + R and type services.msc in the search field or run window and press ENTER .
  2. Scroll down to find “ WLAN AutoConfig ".
  3. Right-click “ WLAN AutoConfig “, and then click Start .
  4. Check if the issue persists.

In order to use the Wireless service, you must have your computer set to DHCP or Dynamic Hosting Control Protocol .

Normally most computers are already set to this when you connect to a wireless network, however, there have been some cases where it needs to be changed to this protocol in order to obtain a wireless connection. To accomplish this, follow the steps outlined below:

• Click on the Start and type “Network and Sharing Center” (without quotes) and press ENTER . You will then see the Network and Sharing Center . Click on the option Change adapter settings from the left side of the screen.
  • The Network Connections window will appear. Right click your network adapter and select Properties .
  • The Wireless Network Connection Properties window will appear. Select Internet Protocol Version 4 from the options and click Properties .
  • Make sure the options obtain an IP address automatically and Obtain DNS server address automatically is selected.
  • Click OK to close the window and close all other windows normally.

Hope this would help. If issue still persists post back with current status of your computer and result of the proposed suggestion, we will be happy to assist you.

Make sure you have the latest drivers for the MC7304 card installed. You can check the manufacturer’s website for any available updates. Roll back to an earlier version of Windows 10. If you don’t know how to do it, look for tutorials. I did the same when I installed the OS with a windows activation key and forgot to back up my data. But keep in mind that that compatibility issues between hardware and software can be more complex. Resolving the issue may require some trial and error. If you are unable to resolve the issue, you may need to consider using a different card or device that is compatible with Windows 10.