Windows Will Not Properly Start EM7565 Driver but Somehow is Connected

I apologize in advance for my lack of networking knowledge for I am merely a tech enthusiast…
I ordered and installed an EM7565 (from Dell) on a Dell Latitude 5400 running Windows 10 Pro (10.0.19043 Build 19043). I installed all the Dell drivers, which didn’t work, so I installed the latest Sierra Wireless drivers and Verizon firmware for the card.

With A LOT of tweaking (Using Skylight, Windows Settings and Verizon Connection Manager) I have gotten the card to connect. In all honesty, I have no idea what made the card finally connect but I have changed Network Type, APN, DNS, IP Address and even tried to update/roll back the driver in Windows Device Manager. I’m not sure if I did things in a certain sequence which caused it to connect but it finally did. The driver version of the card is currently 4.0.6.1, which I am hesitant to change since it has taken me so long to get this to connect.

On system login screen the device is connected and you can see the “signal bars” on the bottom right indicating it is connected but as soon as I log in, Windows prompts me with “Cellular” is turned off. There is no way to toggle it on besides enabling airplane mode then disabling airplane mode. Oddly enough the machine is still connected to the internet in that state but I have the “No internet Access” icon on my task bar. Normally I would be fine with this but it occasionally causes my system to blue screen.

I would just like for my system to startup EM7565 and connect properly. Thank you.

(Cell disabled but still connected)

(Airplane Mode Cycled, Cell is now on)

Hi mcastaneda,

Please provide the output of following commands:

ATI3
AT!ENTERCND="A710"
AT+CPIN?
AT!IMPREF?
AT!GSTATUS?
AT+CFUN?
AT!PCINFO?

You try to tick “Let Windows keep me connected” of Cellular.

I think this is what you are asking for. I also already have ‘Let Windows keep me connected’ ticked on.

Hello ,mcastaneda,

Please did you get any solution to your issue.I think I am experiencing similar issue

Hi mcastaneda,

Please try unchecking “Let Windows keep me connected” of Cellular. Is the cellular disconnected?

When I uncheck “Let Windows keep me connected” I am disconnected from the internet via the cellular connection.
As soon as I check it again, I am reconnected.