Trusted IPs - Inbound (Friends) GX450 4.9.4.p09

I have a GX450 running firmware version 4.9.4.p09 and have enabled Trusted IPs - Inbound (Friends). My issue is that only the first IP in the Friends list can connect. Please advise?

Thanks,

Douglas

Hi,

How do you enter trusted IP address in Inbound Trusted IP list?

I can access to the AirLink gateway with all IP address in Inbound Trusted IP list on GX450 firmware version 4.9.4.p09.

Please find the picture in attachment for more detail.

Could you help to share your network topology (diagram would be good) and the configuration template?

1 Like

The network is set up with one computer behind the router. There are multiple machines on separate class A networks that need to connect to it. A workaround that I have determined works is to add entries to the Inbound Trusted IP Range with the range start and the range end being the same IP address (a range of 1).

Hi,

Is it OK for you?
Could you help to provide your GX450’s template?
(such as what mode do you configure the MAC Filtering, Port Filtering, Ethernet WAN, …)

I am able to confirm the exact same behavior on both:

• RV50X - ALEOS 4.13.0 Build 017 / Radio SWI9X30C_02.32.11.00
  • RV55 - ALEOS 4.12.0 Build 025 / Radio SWI9X50C_01.07.02.00

With “Inbound Trusted IP (Friends List) Mode” = Enabled

• If you enter a Class A single IP in the “Inbound Trusted IP List”… that IP will not be allowed to connect (Fail)
  • If you enter a Class A range in the “Inbound Trusted IP Range” that spans a single IP, that IP will indeed be allowed to connect (Succeed)
  • If you enter a Class A range in the “Inbound Trusted IP Range” that spans more than 1 IP, only the first IP in the range will be allowed to connect (Fail)

The example graphic above by Donald may not be the best example, because it uses non-routable, private IP addresses (192.168.x.x) which should never make it to the modem as diagramed by Douglas.

Is the Trusted IPs - Inbound (Friends) section broken? … or have I misunderstood something?

John

Update: A full reset of the modem followed by reconfiguring the trusted IP address ranges worked. However, a full reset is not a good option when the modem is at a remote location in the field. It happens on 4.14.0.014 too!

Does anyone have a workaround for when this behavior occurs without a requiring a full reset?

Hi jeparks,

I just don’t get the term “full reset”. Is is just a reboot or resetting to factory defaults?

Reset to factory defaults.

Hi jeparks,

Using template could help you avoid full reset.

You can save all your configuration by going to ACEmanager->Template, enter file name and click download button.

In case you want to apply your template, just go to ACEmanager->Template, choose your template and click upload button.

Thanks,

1 Like