Send UDP in packets in continuous transparent mode

Dear All

I’m using a FXT009 device to send the incoming packets from UART to a server via GPRS, using UDP protocol. For this I had set up the device in a continuous transparent mode using the following AT Commands .

AT+WIPCFG=1
OK
AT+WIPBR=1,6
OK
AT+WIPBR=2,6,11,”APN”
OK
AT+WIPBR=2,6,0,”user”
OK
AT+WIPBR=2,6,1,”password”
OK
AT+WIPBR=4,6,0
OK
AT+WIPCREATE=1,1,80,”xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx”,80
OK
+WIPREADY: 1,1
AT+WIPDATA=1,1,2
CONNECT

It all works fine, but it looses all the above information on a unit restart. I don’t think it gets saved in EEPROM. So I would like to develop an OPEN AT application which does the same job.

Could anyone of you please help me by giving some suggestions and if possible with a sample code.

Can anyone of you please let me know whether is it possible to make use of UART2 or USB instead of UART1 to do the same job?

Thanks

Kiran

Hi,

Try using the UDP client sample provided in the WIP plugin, you can change the user name, password
and APN in the sample and run it. And when ever unit restarts ,the application would restart with the
same credentials.

Have you actaully studied the WIP AT Commands User Guide to see what it says about Parameter Storage:question:

Hi Kiran,

I am working on connecting the SL8082 to remote server, having some problems.
In this thread i saw you have connected your device via GPRS to remote server.
I have created my on thread for this problem, but no responses.
can you help me?
this is the link to my query
https://forum.sierrawireless.com/t/connecting-remote-server-with-gprs-using-sl8082/5279/1

Thanks in advance

Hi Kiran,

Have you done the code in Open AT, I am searching for this exact code.
thanks!

Antonio

WIPSoft doesn’t store any settings. It is only useful if you have an external processor connected to the device sending AT commands to it.

We have worked with a number of customers that have this requirement. Our ClearComm software, which has almost all the same features as WIPsoft and an order of magnatude more (like storing all the parameters so they survive reboots)… clearconnex.com/content/clearcomm