Connecting remote server with GPRS using SL8082

Hi,
Has anybody worked on interfacing the SL8082 for GPRS data communication with Remote server using TCP/ip.
I am facing some problem in PAD(Packet assembler/Deassembler) commnads.
I am getting the following responses,

//To initiate PDP context

AT+CGREG

AT+CMGF=1
ok

AT+CGDCONT=1,“IP”,“internet”
OK

AT+CGQREQ=1,1,4,5,2,14
OK

AT+CGQMIN=1,1,4,5,2,31
OK

AT+CGATT=1
OK

AT+CGACT=1,1
OK

////To connect with the Remote server, i am using following commands,
AT!PADCONF=2,65,1,1,1,48 //PAd config
OK

AT!PADSETUP=2,2,10.137.176.255,0,2134,0,5 //Pad setup for remote server, ip address & Port number
OK

But for the command

AT!PADCONN=2
ERROR

Can anyone tell me where i might be wrong?
I am able to communicate with remote server from outside, but not with the SL8082.

Thanks in advance

Hi,

I found at least two problem from your AT log.
AT!PADSETUP=2,2,10.137.176.255,0,2134,0,5

1. “10.137.176.255”, is that really a server IP? as which seems like a broadcast address…
  2. the last parameter, “5”, seems to link to context no. 5, you should use “1” as you configured.

Hope this help.

L

Hi Lotam,
thanks for reply,

1. Server IP is correct.
  2. Yes i modified the value to 1.

I have solved my problem partially,
i was issuing CGACT & PADCONN commands both at a time which do same function to connect with the GPRS N/W.
As CGACT was issued before PADCONN, I was getting OK response for CGACT but PADCONN was failing. Now I am not issuing CGACT, PADCONN gets OK response. I can send data to server.

But now the problem is I am not able to disconnect the PAD connection properly.
The Command PADDISCONN, gets response OK.
If i try to connect again with PADCONN command for next data transfer it gives me ERROR.

Have you/(anybody else) worked on SL808X to connect with remote server & send data.
Any help/suggestions?

Thnaks,
Sujata

Hi Sujata,

Believe you know the needs for “+++” to switch to AT mode and after sending “AT!PADDISCONN”, beside “OK”, you should receive unsolicited notification like “!PADUNREAD” and “DISCONNECT PAD” for actual socket close.
Can you confirm the disconnection with “AT!PADCONN?” and “AT+CGACT?” and you may force deactivate the data connection anytime with “AT+CGACT=0” to check if it link to your initial problem.

Hope it help.
L

Hi Lotam,
Many thanks for the reply.
These are the real problems i was facing & your information is much helpful for me.
Thanks foe the information of “PADUNREAD” unsolicited response, I was getting this message sometimes, but i was not knowing anything about “PADUNREAD” message.
I will try waitng for the “PADUNREAD” & “PAD DISCONNECT”.

I am not having sufficient documentation to understand the PAD functionality. Can you suggest me documents/help/websites?

Thanks
Sujata

Hi Sujata,

You are welcome :smiley:

Still, I think !PADDISCONN can do the job, just it may takes time to complete which involve TCP session drop with server.
You can confirm the disconnection with “AT!PADCONN?” and if anything went wrong, you can force deactivation anytime with “AT+CGACT=0”.

And are you able to obtain the doc and latest FW from disturbator/FAE?

L