Secondhand MP70 stuck in reboot cycle

I picked up an MP70 second hand with the hopes of deploying it in my RV. I hooked it up to my bench power supply to configure it, but it seems to be stuck in a reboot loop. Tried both 12v and 14v.
The power light starts at red for about 3 seconds, then changes to green and all the LAN ports flash briefly, then it appears to establish an ethernet connection, though I cannot reach 192.168.13.31:9191. After about 15 seconds elapse, the power light goes red again and the cycle starts over.
I’ve tried a hard reset (a few times - waiting until the power light flashed red quickly) and connecting via USB (I am unable to get it to recognize as an ethernet device, even with the drivers installed). To no avail.

I have not (yet) installed any SIMs.

Am I missing some critical step in setup? Are SIM cards required to complete the boot cycle?
Is this the sign of a DOA unit?

Hi @chris.weiss

Welcome to our community!

“I’ve tried a hard reset (a few times - waiting until the power light flashed red quickly) and connecting via USB (I am unable to get it to recognize as an ethernet device, even with the drivers installed).”

→ According to this comment, did you press the hardware Reset button for between 7 and 20 seconds (release the button when the Power LED flashes red)? That’s the action to reset to factory settings. If you’ve performed a factory reset but still can’t detect the device when reconnecting via USB, it might be a hardware issue.

Thanks,

Yes. I did try both a “soft” reset, where I held the button down until the power light blinks green quickly (<5 seconds), and a “factory reset”, where I held the button down until the power button blinks red rapidly (5-20 seconds).

Hi @chris.weiss,

If you have already performed a factory reset but the MP70 is still stuck in a reboot loop, then the only option left is to request an RMA (Return Merchandise Authorization).

Thanks,