RV50x monthly limit not working good

Good day,
We are using RV50x aboard ships to giving internet access to the crew however, we are experimenting problem when we try to configure the monthly limit action : Turn off services.

Here is the firmware used:
ALEOS 4.13.0 Build 017
Firmware SWI9x30C_02.32.11.00 r8042 GENERIC

In Application tab,
We enable usage monitoring (I tried not but same result)
We configure monthly limit. Per example 500000(MB)
then we go in Events Reportings
Even type : Monthly data usage
EventSIM Slot 1
Event operator: When above threshold
value to compare (% of limit) : 100%
Then we create an action which Turn off services but as soon as we enable this action on the monthly limit event, the modem goes in Blocked mode (usage limit exceeded) No more internet aboard.

We already configured this function with an older firmware and it was running fine.
Please help.
current monthly usage is much lower than the monthly limit configured.
per example 27556MB

Regards,

Hi @maxime.carrier

Could you please share to me the log file ?

Hello Donald, I’m not allowed to upload files on this forum, It says new user cannot upload files. I’m new in this community.
Can I send it to you by mail of ftp server?

Hello Donald,

Here is the file

Thanks for your support J

DGR_filteredlogs.txt (1.44 MB)

Hi @maxime.carrier

It can be limitation of the current firmware module. Please contact your distributor or submit “Contact Us” on https://www.sierrawireless.com/support/ for technical support in this case.

Hi @maxime.carrier

I will reproduce this issue and let you know when done

Hi @maxime.carrier

This issue has also been reproduced on RV50x ALEOS 4.13.0 Build 017 on my side.
The log file is in the attachment. filteredlogs.txt (1.2 MB)

Sierra is aware of this issue. It will be updated to fix the issue in the further.

1 Like

Hello Donald,

Thank you so much for your work J

Keep us in touch, we will be very happy to test the fix when it will be ready.

Have a nice day.

Maxime Carrier

Technologue d’Ingénierie en Électronique, Région du Centre (Secteur St-Laurent), Division de l’électronique et de l’informatique

Garde côtière canadienne / Services Techniques Intégrés / Pêches et océans Canada / Gouvernement du Canada

Maxime.Carrier@dfo-mpo.gc.ca / TĂ©l. Cell. :418-569-7976

Electronics Engineering Technologist, Centre Region (St-Lawrence Sector), Electronics and Informatics

Canadian Coast Guard / Integrated Technical Services / Fisheries and Oceans Canada / Government of Canada

Maxime.Carrier@dfo-mpo.gc.ca / Cel:418-569-7976

Good morning Donald,

I am just doing a follow-up about this issue.

Do you know the approximate date when we will have a new firmware to test?

Have a nice day.

Maxime Carrier

Technologue d’Ingénierie en Électronique, Région du Centre (Secteur St-Laurent), Division de l’électronique et de l’informatique

Garde côtière canadienne / Services Techniques Intégrés / Pêches et océans Canada / Gouvernement du Canada

Maxime.Carrier@dfo-mpo.gc.ca / TĂ©l. Cell. :418-569-7976

Electronics Engineering Technologist, Centre Region (St-Lawrence Sector), Electronics and Informatics

Canadian Coast Guard / Integrated Technical Services / Fisheries and Oceans Canada / Government of Canada

Maxime.Carrier@dfo-mpo.gc.ca / Cel:418-569-7976

Hi @maxime.carrier

No, I don’t. It depends on the software team. For an update on when a new firmware release will be available, please subscribe to the RV50x source page. https://source.sierrawireless.com/resources/airlink/software_downloads/rv50/rv50-firmware-list/#sthash.zg5XyBFA.dpbs

Good day Donald,

First I would like to which you a happy new year.

I heard abour a new Firmware for Rv50x. I was wondering if this new firmware include a fix for the problem I reporte you last October abour the monthly limit that was shuting turning off the service even if the limit was not reached.

Keep me in touch.

Regards,

Maxime Carrier

Maxime.Carrier@dfo-mpo.gc.ca / Cell. :418-569-7976

101 Boulevard Champlain – Pigeonnier 158

Québec, QC, Canada, G1K 7Y7

Hi maxime.carrier,

According to ALEOS 4.14.0 Release Notes: This issue has not been fixed on the new ALEOS 4.14.0 firmware.
ALEOS 4.14.0 Release Notes
I will check this issue on the new ALEOS 4.14.0 firmware and let you know when done.

Hi maxime.carrier,

This issue has not been fixed on the new ALEOS 4.14.0 firmware. The software team is still analyzing this issue.

Good morning Donald,

Can you escalade our problem to have a solution on the next firmware?

We are running a very old fw version and will be very happy to be able to use newer firmware to be safer from cyber threats.

Regards,

Maxime Carrier

Maxime.Carrier@dfo-mpo.gc.ca / Cell. :418-569-7976

101 Boulevard Champlain – Pigeonnier 158

Québec, QC, Canada, G1K 7Y7

Hi @maxime.carrier,

Thanks for your comment.

I have pushed an update on the FW issue, hope that we will have the fix soon.

I will let you know once I get any update.

Thanks,

Good day Donald,

Please, could it be possible to get a fast track to get the bug fixed?

I was waiting a solution prior our big season for the departure of some of our ships up to the Arctic.

Keep me in touch.

Hi @maxime.carrier,

I have just pushed an update on the FW issue again. The software team is still analyzing this issue.

Thanks,

Hello Donald,

Can you give my the ticket number according to this issue?

Hi @maxime.carrier,

I have just added your ticket number according to FW issue and asked software team to speed-up fixing it.

Thanks,

Hello Donald,

It’s been more than one year since I ask to get a fix for a software bug about the monthly limit that doesnt work fine when using all firmwares higher than 4.9.3 when we use high data value like 500 000Mo per example.
The trafic is block even if data did not reach the value.

What is a normal delay to fix a bug like that?

Please, can I get your supervisor email and all others email that will help to get this resolved?

Regards

Maxime Carrier