RV50X cannot connect to internet with an activated SIM inserted

Hi,

I have some LTE connectivity issues that need to get assistance from here! Thanks in advance for any help.

I have an RV50X that was running properly in the field. Due to the power consumption is too high for our small solar system, I set RV50X to “Timed Standby” mode (Only wake up 5 minutes per hour) to reduce the power consumption. After it properly runs for several months, the modem suddenly cannot get any cell connectivity (Carrier: Verizon). I have checked the SIM card in another RV50 and it worked properly. I tried to update the AirLink and Radio Firmware several times but no luck.

I have checked the SIM card slot1 and slot2, they both look good not damage.

The attached picture is what I saw in the AirLink. Under the firmware update, the radio module identifier is NOTSET, and the radio Firmware Version is RMNode, which seems abnormal.

And the Radio Module Firmware Tab is also shown a warning message as in the picture and non of the firmware was active… I tried to activated VERIZON several times also tried to upgrade to a new version of the firmware. None of the methods helped.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Hi @GatorChu ,
From you screenshot, I see that no FW is activated. All of them are in deactivate state so that the reason your RV shows the radio module identifier is NOTSET, and the radio Firmware Version is RMNode. It might have a corrupt on FW selection.
Normally, one FW will be activated as the screenshot

• Did you try to upgrade Aleos FW and Radio on ACE manager or ALMS?
  • Which option on RV50 did you use to set RV50X to “Timed Standby” mode?
    Have you tried to put the gateway into Recovery mode?
    To enter Recovery mode:
  1. Use an Ethernet cable to connect the gateway to your computer. (Recovery mode is
    not supported on USBnet.)
  2. Power on the AirLink gateway.
  3. On the gateway, press the Reset button for more than 20 seconds. (Release the
    button when the Power LED flashes amber.)
  4. Launch your browser and enter the IP address and port number
    http://192.168.13.31:9191.
    The following screen appears:
  5. Click Choose File and navigate to the appropriate ALEOS software version for your
    gateway.
  6. Click Update.
    The screen lets you know that the update was successful and automatically reboots the gateway.

When the reboot is complete, the gateway exits Recovery mode, and the ACEmanager Login screen appears.
    If you select an inappropriate version of ALEOS, an error message, such as the following appears.
    You can refer to Recovery mode section in the document for more detail.
    41113547_ALEOS 4.13.0 Software Configuration User Guide for AirLink RV50_r1.zip.001.z (4 MB) 41113547_ALEOS 4.13.0 Software Configuration User Guide for AirLink RV50_r1.zip.002.z (4 MB) 41113547_ALEOS 4.13.0 Software Configuration User Guide for AirLink RV50_r1.zip.003.z (4 MB) 41113547_ALEOS 4.13.0 Software Configuration User Guide for AirLink RV50_r1.zip.004.z (4 MB) 41113547_ALEOS 4.13.0 Software Configuration User Guide for AirLink RV50_r1.zip.005.z (2.7 MB)
    Since the forum doesn’t support uploading the file over 4M so I slit it. Please download all files-delete .z at the end of filename-unzip them. Sorry for this inconvenience
    Please share if you have any concerns
    Thanks

Hi @Vianney ,

Thanks for the response!

Based on your suggestion, I entered the recovery mode and uploaded the ALEOS (ALEOS_Software_4.12.0.p31.bin), then uploaded the VERIZON radio firmware, then activated the firmware. but I got the below error message. I tried to reboot the RV50X and then activate the VERIZON radio firmware, I still have this error message…

I tried these two different radio firmwares, but none of them could be activated. Please give further assistance.

If fixing this modem is beyond my ability, can I send it back to Sierra Wireless for fixation?

Hi @GatorChu

I didn’t get this issue from my site.
Please unplug the power cable for a while then plug it again. After RV50x power up, please check the radio firmware version and update the radio module firmware again. Make sure that your SIM card, APN, the Band are correct.

Thanks,