MP70 Radio Module Identifier: NOTSET

Modem acknowledges the presence of a SIM (AT&T), but I’m not able to get the radio module to change to ATT. I have performed a hard reset, then installed the ATT radio firmware (again). But then I get a message “<!> Installed firmware doesn’t match any firmware from the storage. <!> SIM based Radio Module Image switching has been disabled.” Tried another hard reset and used the generic radio firmware, but the modem radio module identifier still stays NOTSET. It still has the error about the module image, but it does display both generic and ATT in the network operator list, but I can not select either. I can’t tell if the SIM should be replaced or if the MP70 is not functioning correctly. I can use PUTTY and ACEManager but I’m not able to get Internet connectivity.

Hi nkoepnick,

Could you please provide the info below?

• The link that you used to get the radio firmware
  • Your configuration file. The configuration file is in ACEmanager → Template, click Download button.

Thanks,

Good Morning.

Here is the information you requested. I appreciate your assistance.

https://source.sierrawireless.com/resources/airlink/software_downloads/mp70/mp70-firmware-list/#sthash.d8DjLxz1.dpbs

The file name is: EM7511_01.14.02.00_ATT_002.047_000.iso

I have a fleet of 30 vehicles using these modems. I have installed the radio firmware on several of these units without problems.

I have been updating the ALEOS using this file: MP70_4.15.0.016.bin I have also used this file: MP70_4.14.0.014.bin when I did a recovery on the modem, neither of the recent ALEOS files made a difference. I have verified the SIM for this modem is active.

Again thank you for your assistance with this issue.

SPRINGFIELDDD.JPG

(Attachment SWIApplyTemplate_MP70.xml is missing)

SWIApplyTemplate_xml.MP70.txt (135 KB)

Hi nkoepnick,

Please try the steps below:

1. Navigate to Admin → Radio Tool → Band Diagnostic Settings , disable “SIM Slot 1 Custom Band Setting Mode”
  2. Reboot the gateway.
  3. Navigate to Admin → Radio Module Firmware → Firmware, remove all radio firmware
  4. Try to install radio firmware again.
  5. Check if the issue was resolved

Thanks,

Hello.

I did the steps you requested.

The MP70 still shows the Radio Module Identifier as: NOTSET

The ATT firmware shows up, but I can not select it. I have attached a screenshot.

I did change SIM 1 to restricted, but nothing changed. I downloaded the logs which I am attaching too.

Could I create a template from a working MP70 and load it on this one? Would that include the radio firmware?

Thank your for your assistance with this issue.

SPRINGFIELDDD.JPG

BrokenMP70.xml.txt (135 KB)

filteredlogs.txt (911 KB)

(Attachment After removing all radio firmware and then adding ATT FW.rtf is missing)

After removing all radio firmware and then adding ATT FW.docx (98.8 KB)

Hi nkoepnick,

ALEOS_CELL: Radio Enumeration Failed…

I looked into your log and see many lines above. It indicates that the radio firmware is not booting and may be stuck at the radio bootloader.

First, please download the latest doc at the link below and follow step-by-step carefully on pages 19&20 to put your device in recovery mode then install ALEOS and radio firmware.

https://source.sierrawireless.com/resources/airlink/software_reference_docs/airlink-mp-series—configuration-guide/#sthash.ly3tAOFy.dpbs

If your issue still happens after performing recovery mode, you should follow the article below to request RMA

https://customercommunity.sierrawireless.com/s/article/What-is-your-Return-and-Warranty-Policy

Thanks,

Hello.

How would I install the radio firmware during the recovery mode? I ran the recovery option on Monday; I used both the 4.14 and 4.15 files. The process only asks for ALEOS firmware, I never saw an option for the Radio firmware. Would I just point to the radio firmware file?

SPRINGFIELDDD.JPG

Hi nkoepnick,

You could install the radio firmware after exiting from recovery mode.

Thanks,