IOT Hub set up

Hi,

I am following this documentation ( Pushing Data from Octave to IoT Central ) to set up the connection between Octave and IOT Hub. But got lost on part 2, where should insert this code from part 2, what is the source stream, my source stream is the report from Virtual created by Device Streams. And how can I debug the connection.

Thanks,

James

Hi trt20097,

On your Octave cloud, go to Cloud → Actions → Add cloud action. You can put your code and search your source stream here.

Thanks,

Hi jerdung,
Thanks for your reply. I went through the part 2 and can see the raw data update in Azure IOT center, but the data shows unmodeleddata, please see the attached pictures.

Also in the guides, step 3a, select IoT Device, but this option without edge feature can not migrate the device in next steps.

Thanks,

James

Hi trt20097,

_unmodeleddata could come from your Azure IOT central site. Searching on Microsoft forum may help you:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/answers/questions/287186/data-is-being-sent-to-unmodeled-column-iot-central.html
On step 3a, you should public your device template after creating an interface.

Thanks,

Hi,

As mentioned by Jerdung, you have to follow the step mentioned in 3a which is to create a device Template first in IoT Central : Define a new IoT device type in Azure IoT Central | Microsoft Docs

Once the template (which in your case should include the unmodeled data: Latitude, Longitude, sensorA) it Saved and Published in IoT Central, you can the map your device to that Template

A.

Hi Augustin,

Thanks for your reply, I have gone through the IOT center documentation, but it requests a template and manifest, could you share these files for MangOH Yellow with me?Also I am working on send the command from IOT center to Octave cloud,then go to device, do you have example or documentation on it.

Thanks,

James

Hello,

there is no generic template for the Yellow.

The template (dapatoints that your device reports) can easily be done in the IoT Central UI, and it needs to be based on what you ask your Yellow to report (like the SensorA/SensorB example mentioned in our online docs)

There is no need fo a manifest

A.

Hi,

I am also getting stuck on step 2 and have not managed to push the data to IOT Central. I did the following:

-Created a new cloud stream in Octave called /“my company name”/iotcentral_post_results
-Created a new cloud action, selected that new created stream as the source stream
-Pasted the JavaScript code in the action
-Replaced the URL with the function URL

I believe I need to change something in the Device ID line to refer to my device, but I’m not sure how to structure that. Also, I’m not entirely sure how to change the payload to the parameters I want. I am using a Mangoh Yellow and am trying to send temperature data to get started. This is what Ive tried, but I dont see anything coming through to my IOT Central App:

I see that you have commented out the code to replace “_” with “-” in the device id on line 6.

If you have “_” in your device name, you should replace it with “-”. This will cause the Azure device bridge to not process the data.

The device name in Azure must exactly match the deviceId you are sending in the cloud payload.

You can utilize the Simulate button to watch for failure causes as reported by the return values from the HTTP Post.