GX450 How To upload Recovery image?

Hello, I have a GX450 that doesn’t boot, I was able to get it into recovery mode.
but when I try to load the .bin 4.9.6 firmware, it states that it failed to verify the file.

whats the process for uploading a recovery image?

Hi @bayardo.lopezpineda,

Welcome to our community!

Please refer to the following ideas:

1. Could you please let me know where you downloaded the bin file from?

2. Have you tried doing Reset to Factory Defaults?

3. Has your device ever booted up? Before the issue happened, what ALEOS was that GX450 on?

Thanks,

I downloaded the Tar.gz file from https://source.sierrawireless.com/resources/airlink/amm/gateway-software-packages/#sthash.Su7Hlbtb.dpbs
and tried to upload it in recovery mode. but what would happen is when i would upload the file, after 5 seconds the website will just crash or not load and the modem restarts and go back to just power LED staying on.

Hi @bayardo.lopezpineda,

According to your description, I understand that you could not recovery module from recovery mode. I would like to know the result based on other requests:

1. Have you tried Reset to Factory Defaults?

2. Has your device ever booted up? If yes, do you remember which ALEOS software the GX450 is in?

Thanks,

Hello,
2. Have you tried Reset to Factory Defaults? Yes, did nothing
3. Has your device ever booted up? If yes, do you remember which ALEOS software the GX450 is in? when we let it boot, it just stays on with the Power LED, and we cant access the web interface, no IP assigned to local device.

Hi @bayardo.lopezpineda,

Because you can’t do any interaction with the device, therefore, I think it’s better to do RMA progress.
Please check your device’s warranty in the following link: Sierra Wireless Inc. - Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA)

Thanks,