I have been thrown in the deep-end with this, so please take it easy on me. I got this modem hoping that I could do the following:
- Be online - using the data allowance as given by my carrier (Telstra NextG SIM with voice and data)
- Make voice calls (using the ATD command)
- Send MMS (send a JPG to a phone using the appropriate AT command)
I have a AirLink FXT003 which I was told could do all these things. I was hoping for it to be as simple as getting the modem online using whatever means necessary (using the Discovery Tool even), then I was hoping to target a COM port that’s connected to the modem, send an ATD command to it and be able to make a voice call.
Having installed the modem, I soon discovered that it’s not going to be that simple. Looks like I need to use the Developer Studio (2.0) to write a C/C++ application to do this.
However after getting the c++ ‘Hello World’ example off the ground, I found myself fumbling in all different directions trying to find a way I could write what I need.
So, I’m asking for ‘n00b’ direction here. After looking around this forum, I can’t find what I’m looking for so I hope this thread will help me and also act as a ‘tutorial’ of sorts to others in my situation.
- Can I achieve what I set out to do?
- If so, how? (can anyone point me to some sample code, share insights)
Thanks for your help, I appreciate it.