EM9190-EM9191 5G Development kit Capture positioning using Cellular/5G Signal not GPS

EM9190-EM9191 5G Development kit Capture positioning using Cellular/5G Signal not GPS
5G comes with the feature and function to provide Positioning information. How do I capture that information in this EM9190-EM9191 5G Development Kit. Please kindly guide me. Only GPS/GNSS positioning is provided in Documentation.
Please guide me where I can get information how to capture Positioning of UE/Mobile Phone using 5G Signal and not GPS/GNSS. Thank you.

Hi @achyut.shrestha,

According to your description, I understand that you want to get position information from the internet instead of from satellite, is it true?

Thanks,

Hi @jerdung Thank you for your message. Technically I would like to use the 5G Positioning feature/function (NOT GPS/GNSS) to get the position information of the Mobile/Cell Phone.
So actually not from Internet but from the 5G Positioning Reference Signal(PRS).
Please elaborate what do you mean by position from Internet?
From my understanding Internet positioning is the IP Address, and which might not give the actual location of the User Equipment(UE) / Phone, but position of user around that area, which might not be exact.
But I can explore that Internet Position as well(before I get 5G positioning), please provide the Documentation on Internet Positioning from Sierra Wireless Dev kit.
Thank you.

Hi @achyut.shrestha,

As far as I know, the 5G Positioning (NOT GPS/GNSS) feature will be available on EM929x chipsets (3GPP Rel 16). If you want to use this feature, please use EM929x chipsets.

Thanks,

@jerdung Thank you for this vital information. We have 2 EM9190 in our Research Lab, in the hope of doing our Research on this 5G Positioning feature (3GPP Rel 16).
Please advise the timeline, when we can get EM929x chipsets. Also it would be really great if we can upgrade/replace or similar out EM9190 to EM929x chipset, as our main Research focus is on 5G Positioning and with EM9190 we are not able to proceed.
Thank you for your advice and guidance on this matter.

Hi @achyut.shrestha,

For more information about the EM929x, please contact your nearest Sierra distributor to obtain it.

Thanks,

Thank you @jerdung . We will reach out with the nearest Sierra Distributor. So EM929x is already available? Please share some documents on EM929x. When I tried to search, I was not able to get documents on EM929x
Thank you

Edit: Never mind that page, all links are ‘void’…

Have you had a look here? SWR Source - EM9291

@jerdung @veronique.verhe When will these EM9291 Documents be avalable? I have been checking regularly but still not able to open/download EM9291 Documents. Thank you.