WP7609 data connect with Keysight UXM - not connecting

Hello,
I have been trying to connect my WP7609 module to a Keysight UXM E7515B, which functions as a base station. The WP7609 has WP76xx_Release16.0.1_GENERIC with a few custom apps, and I am using a mangOH Red board. We are using the UXM because we are based in the US, and there are no AU bands around us.

The Keysight UXM has their own SIM card to connect to the UXM, and I have tested the SIM by putting it in a phone. The phone was able to connect to the internet through LTE through connection to the UXM.

I also have set the correct APN that is used with the UXM, and that is the same APN that the phone has used. Keysight has instructed us to use this APN when using their SIM cards: “Keysight”

I have tested the mangOH Red board as well by connecting a WP7601-1 module to Airvantage using the board.

When I would go to connect to the UXM from the module by calling “cm radio off” and “cm radio on”, it would briefly connect to the UXM and then disconnect. So if I called “cm radio” before it connected, it would say:

Power: ON
Current Network Operator: Agilent TS34.108
Current RAT: Module not registered on network, RAT not available
Status: Registration was denied, usually because of invalid access credentials (LE_MRC_REG_DENIED)
Signal: Very strong signal strength (5)
PS: Packet Switched Not registered (LE_MRC_REG_NONE)

Then calling “cm radio” again right after it tried to connect it would give me:

Current RAT: LTE network (LE_MRC_RAT_LTE)
Signal: Strong signal strength (5)
PS: Packet Switched Registered, home network (LE_MRC_REG_HOME)

Then calling “cm radio” right after the last one it would give me the same thing as before:

Current RAT: Module not registered on network, RAT not available
Status: Registration was denied, usually because of invalid access credentials (LE_MRC_REG_DENIED)
Signal: Very strong signal strength (5)
PS: Packet Switched Not registered (LE_MRC_REG_NONE)

Calling “cm data connect&” also did not work either. It would just say ‘Connecting…’ and would never finish.

I think that I am missing something but I don’t know what. Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

is there any debug message from Keysight UXM to show why it first accepts the registration and then rejects the registration?

BTW, what has been set in “cm data”?

Thanks for your reply,

The UXM has three different modes when connecting to a client:
“On” - No LTE devices connected
“Idle” - LTE was once connected but has fallen off, or disconnected after connecting
“Connected” - LTE device is connected

When we would try to connect the module it would switch between these modes in this order:
“On” - Before the initiating the connection with the module
“Connected” - The module would briefly connect
“Idle” - Then the module would disconnect.

This would happen when trying to connect the module, but when we connected the phone it would stay in the “Connected” state and would have LTE connection without disconnecting or falling off.

“cm data” gives me this:
Index: 1
APN: Keysight
PDP Type: IPV4
Connected: no

Also, is there anything we should look out for or any considerations we need to follow when using a non-Sierra Wireless SIM other than setting the correct APN?

And why would this setup work with a cell phone, but not a Sierra Wireless wp7609 module? What could be some differences that could cause this?

Thanks

Do you need username password for authentication by pap or CHAP?

Btw, have you tried r16.3 and r17 firmware?

I do not think that there is PAP or CHAP from what I have researched and from I can see.

I tried to install r16.3 or r17 it does not work. It gave me this error:
"FDT version: 1.0.1902.1
Awaiting adapter …
Enabling selective suspend …
Firmware download failed.
Primary error code: 14 - No MBN adapter available.
Secondary error code: 0 - Not applicable.
Device error code: 0x0 - Unknown device error code

Preexisting images information:
Current:
Firmware:
ImageId:
BuildId:
Configuration:
ImageId:
BuildId:
Final images information:
Current:
Firmware:
ImageId:
BuildId:
Configuration:
ImageId:
BuildId:

OEM PRI:
IMEI:
Total time elapsed: 141 ms.
Images downloaded:
Press Enter to continue …"

Not sure why though…

I actually was able to flash the r17 FW.
I also was able to connect to the UXM and the UXM has the status: “Connected”

“cm data” also gives me the same exact thing as before and says it is not connected.

But when I call “cm data connect&” it is says:
“Setting up profile 1
Connecting…”

And I cannot ssh or anything to connect to the module during this “Connecting…” and then it disconnects from ssh and I cannot connect to the module again without power cycling.

Here are the logs from the Keysight UXM:

I also tested IPV4, IPV4V6, and IPV6, but it did not make any difference.

I reconnected the phone with the Keysight UXM SIM to get the logs so that they can be compared, but I am not entirely sure of what is the deciding factor of why the phone is connecting and the module is not connecting from these logs.

Phone connected to the Keysight UXM logs:

Is there any support from Keysight?