WIPSoft plugin sample problem

Hi all,

I’m new at OpenAT and I’m playing with some of the plugin samples to get an understanding of how they work. I loaded the WIPSoft plugin sample but I’m having the following problem when building it:

… Link mingw_WIPSoft_256KB.bin …

d:\OpenAT\IDE\MINGW\3.8.0.1\bin\make.exe: *** [make_single_bin] Error 1
Done.
Updating RTE kernel file…
no generated DLL found…
[wmmake error #1] Build error.

If anyone can help i would really appreciate it. Thanks.

Ed

Hi eddie435,
Which WCP are you using and firmware?
ttt

Well, I’m not sure what you mean by WCP, but I’m using the Wavecom FasTrack Supreme and the firmware is v663

Hi eddie435,
You should remove all the Wavecom SDK and re-install. It is sometimes get the problem at the installation. (You are using Q2686 or Q2687 for Fastrack Supreme 10 or 20)
ttt

I figured out the problem, for some reason the compiler didn’t like the folowing code:

#if OAT_API_VERSION >= 400
const u16 wm_apmCustomStackSize = 4096;
#else
u32 wm_apmCustomStack[1024];
const u16 wm_apmCustomStackSize = sizeof(wm_apmCustomStack);
#endif

Now that I have that working, I can get a WIPSoft command to execute in my code. I tried the adl_ATCmdCreate…but I get “error”.

Can anyone tell me how to execute WIPSoft AT commands from within my code. If you can send some sample code I would really appreciate it. Thanks.

Eddie

Generally, you can’t call custom AT commands from an Open-AT application using adl_ATCmdCreate.

Also, as I understand it, WIPsoft is itself an Open-AT application; you can only have one Open-AT application loaded at a time - so you can’t have both WIPsoft and your own Open-AT application loaded simultaneously.

So, if you want to use WIP with your Open-AT Application, then use the WIP plugin instead…

In the Sample WIPSoft application, it says that I can use +WIP AT commands after the wip_atcmdsubscribe is executed. My question is how do I access the +WIP AT commands in my code? The example doesn’t show nor does the documentation (that I could find). Please, if you know what I need in my code to run for example the “AT+WIPCFG=1” command, please let me know. thanks.

Eddie

I still don’t see why you would want to use +WIP AT commands from an Open-AT application?

Why can’t you just use the WIP plugin - that gives you an API for use in your Open-AT Application?

Using an API has to be easier than trying to mess with AT commands - doesn’t it?! :open_mouth:

Thanks, seems to be working better.

Eddie