WIP AT commands not working

Hi,
I was trying to use the at commands for WIP in Q2686. None of the commands responds. All i get is ERROR. Wont the modules support the wip at commands? Is there any feature that needs to be enabled?

The following is the response i got:
at+wipbr=1,6
ERROR
at
OK
at+wipcfg?
ERROR
at+wipcfg=?
ERROR
at+wipdata?
ERROR
at+WIPCFG?
ERROR
at+wipdata=?
ERROR
at+wipbr?
ERROR
at+wipbr=?
ERROR
at+wipcreate?
ERROR
at+wipcreate=?
ERROR

Pls do reply at the earliest.

Regards,
S. Vanee

did you load the WIPSoft application?

Hiya,

Is your module configured/authorized for Internet Access (i.e. WIPSoft integration).

You will need to check the output of the AT+WCFM command. See the following threads for more info:
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=2973&p=11121&hilit=WCFM#p11121
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=2913&p=10744&hilit=WCFM#p10632

If your module is not configured appropriately, you will have to contact your distributor and organize an upgrade.

Also, turn on extended error reporting using AT+CMEE=1. This will provide more information about the error.

Let us know how you get on.

ciao, Dave

Hi,
thanks for the reply. I got the following response on my Q2686 module:
at+wcfm=5
+WCFM: 00000471,0
and i guess, this means that the IP feature is enabled on my module. Im able to use wip APIs for establishing connection to the FTP server and have succeeded in DOTA as well. But, the problem is when i try using the wip at commands, i always get an error. This error is something that would happen when the at command is not supported by the module. And, hence there is no extensive error codes except of a “ERROR” for all at commands related to WIP.

Pls do reply at the earliest.

Regards,
S. Vanee

What does loading the WIPSoft application mean? is there anything that i have to flash to the module before i could use WIP at commands?

Regards,
S. Vanee

Hiya,

That’s good news.

Yep, as indicated by Madouc, you have to download (or install) the WIPSoft application before any of the AT+WIP commands are available from the command line.

The WIPSoft application is a .dwl file that has to be downloaded to the modem in the same manner as your own applications.

I had a very quick look on the developer site for the file and couldn’t see it - so it’s probably best to contact your Distributor for a copy of it.

ciao, Dave

Thanks. By de way, doesnt WIP API require the installation of WIP Software? Also, is there any advantage of using at+wip commands and what way is it different from WIP API?
Which is the best way to use DOTA?

Regards,
S. Vanee

Hiya,

No Problems.

No. The WIP API is a library that is linked into your application during the OpenAT build process. The WIP Software is an application created by Wavecom that exposes the WIP API as a number of AT+WIP commands.

There’s no advantage to using the AT+WIP commands if you are developing your own application in OpenAT. In fact, you would be at a distict disadvantage attempting to use the AT+WIP commands instead of the WIP API (to start with, you have to merge the WIP Software application with your own…quite inefficient). The WIP API gives the develper a lot more control over the IP connection and data transfer process from within their program.
The WIP Software has been designed to enable the use of a TCP/IP stack (and associated high level protocols) using the well-understood AT style command set. Typically, you would use the WIP Software to internet enable an external microcontroller (or other serially attached device) without having to develop a TCP/IP stack etc inside the microcontroller - i.e. you would simply be using the Q2686 (or Fastrack Supreme etc) as a “dumb” modem that can connect to an internet server.

Can’t help you with DOTA - sorry. It’s on my list for my current application, but I haven’t got around to it yet. I guess if you are writing your own application, you would use the WIP API. If you’re using the modem under the control of an external micro, you’d use the WIP Software.

ciao, Dave

Thank u! i was trying to connect to GPRS through all possible ways. i have been using DOTA via ftp, can anyone tell how to incorporate DOTA via CSD or other means?

Regards,
S. Vanee