Universal serial to TCP converter using Fastrack Supreme 10.

I want to develop a universal serial to GPRS converter using Fastrack Supreme 10.

It is something like this:

Any RS232 device --> Fastrack Supreme 10 running GPRS TCP client --> TCP Server

When the Fastrack Supreme 10 is power up,

1. My program reads the configuration from the flash/EEPROM (e.g. GPRS settings, TCP server IP …)
  2. It will open the GPRS bearer and initiate a TCP client connection to the server to the other end.
  3. Then the program opens UART 1 and waiting for incoming data.
  4. When serial data comes in, the program will do some processing and pack it up before sending it thought the TCP socket.
  5. In the event of responds come back from the TCP socket, the program will also do some translations before sending to the serial port.

I have a few questions on the above implementation:

1. May I know how to write data/file into the flash?

2. When I set AT+WOPEN=1, my program will auto start upon power on, which will take over the serial port for all data communication. i.e. transmit any data coming from the serial port to the TCP socket, how do I get back to the OpenAT prompt with AT+WOPEN=0 ?

3 In the Fastrack Supreme 10 documentation (Basic_Development_Guide.pdf), it mentions that in “Cooperative Mode”, Fastrack Supreme 10 can use UART and GPRS connection at the same time. But all external serial data has to pass through the OpenAT. In that case, the serial data has to be AT commands. Does it mean I have to develop another device that wrap the binary serial data into AT command set before giving to Fastrack Supreme 10 ? i.e.

Any RS232 device -->[Device that wrap serial data to AT command]-> Fastrack Supreme 10 ->GPRS TCP client --> TCP Server

You help is much appreciated.
James

1. When I set AT+WOPEN=1, my program will auto start upon power on, which will take over the serial port for all data communication. i.e. transmit any data coming from the serial port to the TCP socket, how do I get back to the OpenAT prompt with AT+WOPEN=0 ?

Just found an answer to question 2 (Correct me if I am wrong)

Put a delay in the start of my program so that I have time to put in AT+WOPEN=0 if I want to stop the program.

Yes, you may!

It is documented in the ADL User Guide - under “Flash”.

I think you can also use the +++ escape sequence to get back to AT Command mode?

If you have a plug-in module installed with UART2 and/or USB, you can also issue the AT+WOPEN command over either of those interfaces…

The so-called “Basic” interface is obsolete - use ADL instead.

Not at all.
Use the Flow Control Manager (FCM) and switch the UART to Data mode…