Sim card not detected

Hi everyone,
I currently have a pc with a Sim slot, and whether it’s plugged in, it says “State : failed” because of sim missing. How can I fix it ?
Best regards,
Onelots.

Hi onelots,

Welcome you to our community. What is the output of the commands below?
ATI3
ATI9
AT+CPIN?
AT!UIMS?

Hi Donald, thank you for your answer.
I just made these ( mmcli -m 0 --command=“ATI3” then the others) and I got this error message :

error: command failed: 'GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.ModemManager1.Error.Core.Unauthorized: Cannot send AT command to modem: operation only allowed in debug mode'

Regards,
Onelots.

Hi onelots,

You can try using dev/ttyUSB2 AT command port to type AT command.
sudo minicom -D /dev/ttyUSB2

You can avoid that if you run ModemManager in debug mode (with --debug), see Debugging | ModemManager

Make sure to stop ModemManager completely if you plan to use minicom directly on the ttyUSB2; e.g. sudo systemctl stop ModemManager (if using systemd)

What’s the output of these commands? (no need to stop ModemManager)

sudo qmicli -d /dev/cdc-wdm0 -p --uim-get-card-status
sudo qmicli -d /dev/cdc-wdm0 -p --uim-get-slot-status

systemctl stop ModemManager

IIRC this won’t stop NM from restarting MM on demand. To avoid this, better use systemctl mask ModemManager (and unmask afterwards).

Masking the service in systemd should not be required. If systemd is being used, NetworkManager just follows the lifecycle of ModemManager; if systemd is not used, NM will poke MM to try to auto-start it via DBus activation; see src/core/devices/wwan/nm-modem-manager.c · main · NetworkManager / NetworkManager · GitLab

If systemd is not being used, the easiest way to avoid NetworkManager auto-starting ModemManager is to just move the MM daemon binary somewhere else, e.g. see Debugging | ModemManager

@stefanbruens if this is not the case in your setup, let us know in fd.o gitlab to see if there is anything that has to be fixed!