Signal strength on the FX30

I’m evaluating the FX30 for use with Verizon LTE in a couple of locations that are known to have weak Verizon signals. In some ways, that’s a good thing, because if it works here it will work anywhere. But it’s bad enough that I often cannot connect at all.

What I think I’m seeing is that if cm radio shows a strength of 0, I can’t connect. if it’s 1, I can connect but not communicate. At 2, DNS starts to work, but I can’t ping. At 4, I can get Internet access, albeit slow. Does that make sense?

Can you suggest antennas that might help or anything else?

Thanks,
Richard Meckstroth

Hi,
Because of the weak signal, so device can not register to network. Please use the antenna to connect to network. If your current antennas can not help, you can try antennas with the higher gain.
cm radio = 0, it means that “no network coverage”
cm radio = 1, it means that “very weak network coverage”
Thanks,

I’m unable to connect at all now, even when the signal strength is 4 or 5. cm data connect results in “testing connection … failed”, for whatever that’s worth. Is there a way to get more detail about what’s wrong?

Oh, I should point out that this connection was working a few days ago, and I don’t think I’ve changed anything.

… now the connection gets made, but “failed to get DNS addresses: LE_FAULT”. LE_FAULT is an “unspecified internal error”. Is there any way to dig deeper into that?

Hi,
Could you help to log into AT port and send these commands:

• ATI10
  • AT+CEREG?
  • AT+CGREG?
  • AT+CGDCONT?
  • AT!SELRAT?
  • AT!BAND?
  • AT+COPS?
  • AT+CSQ

Thanks,

Hi Jerdung,

Here it is:

ati10
Manufacturer: Sierra Wireless, Incorporated
Model: FX30(WP7702)
Revision: SWI9X06Y_02.16.06.00 7605a6 jenkins 2018/06/20 17:56:12
IMEI: 354723090119909
IMEI SV: 2
FSN: VU911670011410
+GCAP: +CGSM

OK
at+cereg?
+CEREG: 0,1

OK
at+cgreg?
+CGREG: 0,4

OK
at+cgdcont?
+CGDCONT: 1,“IPV4V6”,“VZWINTERNET”,“0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0”,0,0,0,0

OK
at1selrat?
ERROR
at!selrat?
!SELRAT: 12, GSM and LTE Only

OK
at!band?
Index, Name
00, All bands

OK
at+cops?
+cops: 1,0,“Verizon Wireless”,9

OK
at+csq
+csq: 3,99

OK

Thanks,

Richard Meckstroth

Hi,
I saw that you are using LTE-NB1, could you help to change to CAT-M1? The bandwidth for CATM1 is higher than NB1, so the internet access will be faster.
Send command at!selciot=2 to select CAT-M1 and try to access internet again.

Thanks,

Hi,
For NB1, Sierra is aware of DNS issue. The fix will be released soon.
Have you tried with LTE CATM1? If it is working, could you help to check to Solution for the answer?

Thanks,

1 Like