Sierra EM7455 - "Configuring mobile broadband device"

Hi there,

I have Lenovo T460s with EM7455 WWAN card. Since the last driver update I am getting the message “Configuring mobile broadband device” and a progress from 0% to 100%, every time the laptop goes out of standby or is rebooted. The problem is that this process takes around 5 minutes to complete and in that time I cannot use the LTE connection. Since I travel a lot and I often work for a few minutes and then close it. This is something I do more than 50 times a day, and that 5 minutes without LTE is a problem for me, because I often need just a few minutes to complete whatever I am doing and now that time is extended with additional 5 minutes.

Can you please advise me on how to fix that annoying issue, because it kind of makes me avoid the use of WWAN, witch make the whole point of having LTE pointless…

Best Regards,
Ivo Trankolov

Hi,

I’ve installed EM7455 on Lenovo X220T using latest default generic driver from “sierra source” website and looks like running fine. Which driver did you installed ? I believe lenovo has a specific driver for all compatible lenovo notebooks for EM7455.

Hi,

I have installed the latest Lenovo driver and that is causing the issues. If I remove that driver and try to install the latest generic driver from sierra source, it does not detect the EM7455. In device manager there are 3 devices that are not recognized and when I try to force install the driver it does not work. It seems that Lenovo messed something, or issued a firmware update for the EM7455 … I don’t really know. If I try to install the generic firmware from sierra source, it installs … the device is working fine, but after reboot it is not working again and I have to install the firmware again in order for it to start working again.
THIS WAS NOT LIKE THAT before the latest driver from Lenovo… it was working just fine.

Hi,

Please try download and install related driver from “techship.se” website. That driver comes with 3 parts. Based on previous related information, Hardware ID from lenovo driver is different as compared to “sierra source” driver. I’ve cross-checked from my own X220T for EM7455 where Hardware ID is “USB\VID_1199&PID_9071” using generic drivers. Please do test using drivers from “terchip.se” and may be that problem would be resolved.

Hi,

You didn’t mention about which O/S release ? Because I’ve installed EM7455 on X220T running Windows 7 Pro 64 bit and I do install latest “Sierra source” generic drivers without any errors. If your T60S O/S is Windows 10 then you should install latest lenovo driver from this website: http://support.lenovo.com/my/en/downloads/ds112204 . By right shouldn’t an errors.