Setting Up Modems For the Field (Issues)

blackbow7 This is another RV50 I ran into that has the same issue. The only difference is that it’s actually detecting the SIM. I already tried resetting both ways, and it’s still giving me the “Network Down” issue. Jerdung, thanks for the help. We have decided to move on from using that modem for now. Let me know if you can help with this one. I also attached the logs for the APN ne01.VZWSTATIC since that’s the company-wide one.

I understand. I reviewed the screen shots - right! the SIM is recognized, I see the phone number but the signal is -125 which means no signal and I see LTE Band 4. So some progress here … I will review the logs now.

No signal could mean different things. I will think and respond again, thank you for this update.

I reviewed the log. Looks good and I see the APN in use is ne01.VZWSTATIC. But I see this message three times,

Sep 9 00:02:37 warning ALEOS_CELL_detectrmdetach: Radio Detach Detected [3]

Means that the radio is trying attach to the Verizon network but getting detached. No reason why.

Might be best to wait for @jerdung to comment. I will continue to think about this.

new question,

can you confirm that the APN for SIM card 89148000010351763834 is ne01.VZWSTATIC?

Asking to be sure. The symptoms of this problem relate to an APN problem, APN in use does not match the APN provisioned for the SIM card.

Hi @mestevez,

Based on the log below, I found that your device is ready to connect. However, the RSRQ and RSRP signal levels are currently poor (Current: RSSI=-125, RSRQ=-20, RSRP=-140, SINR=0), leading to your device being unable to connect to the network.
Sep 9 00:00:36 notice ALEOS_CELL_RadioTask: Radio_state → RADIO_STATE_CARRIER_SELECTION
Sep 9 00:00:36 notice ALEOS_CELL_RadioTask: Current COPS user setting: 0
Sep 9 00:00:36 notice ALEOS_EVENTS_gnssmgr: 9McEmRmHal: radio module = ALEOS_RADIO_MODULE_MC7354 is active
Sep 9 00:00:37 warning ALEOS_CELL_detectrmdetach: Radio Detach Detected [1]
Sep 9 00:00:37 alert ALEOS_EVENTS_gnssmgr: GPS disabled, Assisted Data Retrieval always off
Sep 9 00:00:37 notice ALEOS_CELL_RadioTask: Current COPS mode: 0
Sep 9 00:00:37 notice ALEOS_CELL_RadioTask: Leaving COPS mode as default: automatic
Sep 9 00:00:37 notice ALEOS_CELL_RadioTask: Radio_state → RADIO_STATE_NOTREADY_WAIT

Next steps:

  1. Could you please try moving RV50 to a different location or check the signal strength again at that location.
  2. Please ensure that antennas are properly attached to RV50. Two antennas are required when connecting to an LTE network.

Thanks,

blackbow7, confirming now. I don’t have access to the company account for Verizon, just waiting to hear from my supervisor.

jerdung, here is the most recent log for the same modem. I added an extra antenna and moved it somewhere else. I added the same APN in the override section, and after I rebooted and downloaded and reuploaded the template, I got the lights to change green and the network was ready for a couple of seconds until it changed to no service. Let me know what you think from the logs.

filteredlogs.txt (1.1 MB)

I understand. I am reviewing the log now

I reviewed the log. I see the SIM information and APN information but no signs of a successful connection.

The radio is always Detach Detected.

This is consistent with the lights changing from green to no service.

Me, I would do the following,

check with Verizon to be sure this SIM is active and the APN is ne01.vzwstatic

try another SIM if you have one?

blackbow7 I tried another SIM, and still the same issue. The SIMs are active with the APN,

That was good to confirm to establish a baseline of a known gooding working config. At least the SIM part.

What I do not understand is - the antenna are connected but the RSSI=125 which is no signal and you did change the location.

Maybe @jerdung can comment.

Hi @mestevez,

Thanks for your update.
After checking, I found that your device connected to the network, but after a few seconds, it changed to No Service.

Aug 19 13:16:30 notice ALEOS_CONNECTMGMT: *** Network Connection successful. WAN IP [Cellular] : 63.44.139.159
Aug 19 13:16:30 notice ALEOS_CONNECTMGMT: *** IP UP 63.44.139.159 : wwan0
Aug 19 13:16:30 notice ALEOS_CONNECTMGMT: Setting WWAN MTU size to 1428
Aug 19 13:16:30 notice ALEOS_CONNECTMGMT: GDNS is restarting dnsmasq
Aug 19 13:16:31 alert ALEOS_EVENTS_dpRptGen: *** dpRptGen ***
Aug 19 13:16:31 notice ALEOS_LAN: MTU Source Auto - Set DHCP option 26 MTU: 1428
Aug 19 13:16:31 notice ALEOS_CELL_RadioTask: Service is not available
Aug 19 13:16:31 notice ALEOS_CELL_RadioTask: Service is available
Aug 19 13:16:31 err ALEOS_LAN: MTU Source Auto - Ignore Opt 26 MTU size 1500
Aug 19 13:16:32 notice ALEOS_CELL_RadioTask: GetFotaState: could not find fota state from command AT!DMREAD=“5/0/3”
Aug 19 13:16:33 notice ALEOS_LAN: Starting dnsmasq
Aug 19 13:16:35 notice ALEOS_LINKMGMT_linkmon: New Link Status - Network Ready - Cellular
Aug 19 13:16:35 notice ALEOS_SERIAL_HMC: Shutdown TCP socket 38 IP:
Aug 19 13:16:35 notice ALEOS_SERIAL_HMC: Initialize Auto answer on port 9034
Aug 19 13:16:35 notice ALEOS_SERIAL_HMC: Connect to IP: 52.188.125.160 Port: 8070. Connection manager state: 1
Aug 19 13:16:53 notice ALEOS_CELL_RadioTask: Service is not available
Aug 19 13:16:53 notice ALEOS_CELL_RadioTask: Service is available
Aug 19 13:16:53 notice ALEOS_LINKMGMT_linkmon: New Link Status - Network Link Down
Aug 19 13:16:53 notice ALEOS_SERIAL_HMC: Shutdown TCP socket 38 IP:
Aug 19 13:16:55 notice ALEOS_LINKMGMT_linkmon: New Link Status - Network Ready - Cellular
Aug 19 13:16:55 notice ALEOS_SERIAL_HMC: Initialize Auto answer on port 9034
Aug 19 13:16:55 notice ALEOS_SERIAL_HMC: Connect to IP: 52.188.125.160 Port: 8070. Connection manager state: 1
Aug 19 13:16:58 notice ALEOS_CELL_RadioTask: Service is not available
Aug 19 13:16:58 notice ALEOS_CELL_RadioTask: cbkWirelessDataService - Unknown DataBearer Value: 0x32768
Aug 19 13:16:59 notice ALEOS_LINKMGMT_linkmon: New Link Status - Network Link Down
Aug 19 13:16:59 notice ALEOS_SERIAL_HMC: Shutdown TCP socket 38 IP:
Aug 19 13:17:03 notice ALEOS_LINKMGMT_linkmon: Radio Connection State - No Service
Aug 19 13:17:03 notice ALEOS_LINKMGMT_linkmon: New Link Status - No Service

I couldn’t find the cause of the issue in the log. So, could you please help me collect the QXDM log by following the instructions below so I can investigate the issue?

  1. Login to the ALEOS Device
  2. Click the Admin Tab - Far right
  3. Click Radio Tools on the Left
  4. Click QXDM Capture Center
  5. Check all of the box below
  • Resume capture on Reboot
  • Resume capture on Radio Crash
  • ALEOS Regular Bahavior on Low Power Mode
  1. Click Start Driver Capture
  • Starts the QXDM capture
  • Reproduce issue: Please remove the SIM card from the device, then insert it again and wait for a few minutes.
  • Click STOP to stop the capture
  1. Click Download Logs

Please note that this method only collects logs for 10 minutes.

Thanks,

Sorry, guys just got back to the office today from vacation and work in the field. Question, since the modem is an RV50 and not an RV50X, I’m unable to download ALEOS 4.17 and am still stuck on 4.16. When I go to Admin, then Radio Tools, I don’t see that option.

Hi @mestevez,

As mentioned earlier, could you please just collect the QXDM log as instructed? There’s no need to upgrade.

Thanks,