RV50X solid green power only

Seen this a bunch. Solid green on power only is like the green light of death. Even trying to reset it…light flashes red and goes right back to solid green.

Is there a work around or fix

Hi @mwrightcrs,

Solid Green on the Power LED indicates that Power is present. For more information, please refer to the LED Behavior section on page 39 of the AirLink RV Series Hardware User Guide at the following link: https://source.sierrawireless.com/resources/airlink/hardware_reference_docs/airlink_rv_series_userguide/#sthash.9v3fByrF.dpbs

Thanks,

Yes, I understand that… My question was about that light being like the light of death. When it is the ONLY light it seems like you can not log in or reset the device.

Do you have an input on the original question that might be helpful

Hi @mwrightcrs,

1. Did you connect the computer to the RV50X using USB or the Ethernet port?

2. Did you follow the instructions to access ACEmanager on page 16 of the AirLink RV50/RV50X Software Configuration Guide? The guide can be found at the following link: https://source.sierrawireless.com/resources/airlink/software_reference_docs/airlink-rv-series---configuration-guide/#sthash.Yn5O0WUl.dpbs

3. If you connected the computer to the RV50X using USB, did you receive an IP address as shown in the image? Please share a screenshot with me.

Thanks,

tried with ethernet port. WIll usb give me something different?

Hi @mwrightcrs,

When connecting the computer to RV50X using USB, what will be shown under the Ports and Network adapters sections in the Device Manager? Please share a screenshot with me.

Thanks,

I’m having the same problem. Solid green led only, happened after a Verizon system outage. Reset doesn’t do anything. Can’t talk to the modem with either Ethernet or USB. There’s no screen shot to share. Tried switching SIMs with a known good SIM, no difference. The field guy told me there are other units in the field with the same problem. I’ve got this one on my bench, along with a good RV50, and I can do everything on the good unit. Is there a master reset inside the unit, or did the system outage fry all these units? Any help would be appreciated.

Hi @Frank.Schnorbus,

Welcome to our community!

“I’m having the same problem. Solid green led only, happened after a Verizon system outage. Reset doesn’t do anything. Can’t talk to the modem with either Ethernet or USB.”
→ Before and after the Verizon system outage, did any ports appear in the Ports and Network Adapters sections in Device Manager? Please share a screenshot with me.

“Is there a master reset inside the unit, or did the system outage fry all these units?”
Please refer to the ‘Reset the RV50 Series Gateway to Factory Default Settings’ section on page 46 of the following document: https://source.sierrawireless.com/resources/airlink/hardware_reference_docs/airlink_rv_series_userguide/#sthash.Rl970YvQ.dpbs

Thanks,

Hi jerdung, apparently you missed this part; I can’t talk to it with either USB or ethernet. Resetting the modem does nothing. Therefore, there are no screen shots to share. As far as ports appearing BEFORE the Verizon outage I have no idea since we have over 100 of these out there and I don’t go into each of them and take screen shots on a weekly basis. In any case, since other customers have had the same symptoms, the hope is that Sierra Wireless will share a kernel of wisdom by inspecting a failed unit and letting us know if they are fixable in the field, or are they bricks. It makes no sense to send them in to Sierra Wireless at 4 or 5 hundred a pop if the only thing Sierra Wireless is doing is replacing the innards with new circuitry. But, as I asked before, is there a way that Sierra Wireless is resetting these inside the unit, besides the reset button on the outside that does nothing?

Good points Frank…
For me, I want to know… when the power light is the only light and it is solid green…what does it mean and is there a way we can locally reset/reboot the device or is it a brick at this point

when it is green there is no way using USB or ethernet to log in AND hold the reset button through green-red-yellow does not bring up a reload screen

I understand that solid green means power is present… but in the absence of other lights does it man anything

or

what does it mean when there is power but nothing else!!!???

or

what does it mean when the other lights do no flash or come on at all

Precisely.
I follow the line by line instructions on page 46. None of them work, Reboot, Reset, Recovery. When pressing for more than 20 seconds to enter Recovery (it DOES go amber, you have to watch it closely to see a slight change in color shade, but it does change). But then, when using Ethernet to try to upload the package, per pg 18 of the ALEOS 4.16.0 Software Configuration User Guide for AirLink RV50, the connection times out and the expected screen does NOT appear. It is as if the Ethernet port is completely dead.

Hi @Frank.Schnorbus,

If you have already performed a Factory reset, then connected it to a computer with the driver installed, but still cannot detect the port, the only remaining option is to proceed with an RMA (Return Merchandise Authorization).

Thanks,