What is the best way to programmatically (that is, in a way that might be automated) download an .xml template file from an Airlink device such as the RV55 or RV50X?
The only way I am aware of is through the Web GUI. I need a way that does not involve a web browser and a mouse. Some related questions and ideas follow. Please reply even if you don’t have answers to all these!
- I am aware of the AT*TPLUPDATE command. Is there a similar command to retrieve the template from the device?
- Is there an HTTP API to download a template?
- Is there a method with SNMP to download a template?
- I see AT&V in the manual, which may be an alternate way to export the currnent config. Unfortunately, it seems to crash my SSH session. Is there any insight on the use of AT&V?
- If none of the above are available, could a service be written for the ALEOS App Framework to generate and provide access to the current config?
(Edited. I added the last 2 questions.)