Sometimes when uploading firmware to a GX module I get the message, “Check failed: Could not find signature or certificate in the package”
- Which GX module are you referring to?
- Which firmware do you want to update from and to?
- If possible, please share all log files related to the failed firmware upgrade with me.
- Which GX module are you referring to? GX450
- Which firmware do you want to update from and to? From 4.9.7.002 to 4.9.9.002
- If possible, please share all log files related to the failed firmware upgrade with me. Where do I find the log files?
I will have to go directly to where the modem is and connect with it through ethernet or usb to get into it. It is out in the field, about 70 miles away. I was loading the firmware remotely. I made a mistake in loading the template from a modem that was setup for a private IP in a network. Now I cannot access it through the Public IP that it is setup with. I will get back to you with further information next week.
- Could you please provide additional images of the ‘Check failed: Could not find signature or certificate in the package’ error message?
- Which firmware package are you using, and did you obtain it from the Sierra source page?
- Here is how to collect logs:
a. Go AceManager > Admin > Log > Configure Logging
Set all log levels to DEFAULT (NOTICE)
Set Linux Syslog to DISPLAY
Then click Apply
b. Reboot the gateway.
c. Go Admin → View log → Download Logs
I did download the firmware from the Sierra source page. It is ver. 4.9.9.s002 for a GX450. I inadvertently loaded a template in it from another modem that was on a private IP. Then, I could no longer log into that modem. I went there to the site where it is installed (75) miles out, and connected to it with ethernet in my truck, using my laptop. I had to wipe it and use the ‘recovery mode’, then loaded version 4.9.9.002. After that, I loaded the original template in that unit, and all is well now.
The problem is resolved. If or when I run into another one like this, where I get an unusual message, I will contact you.