Octave vs airplane mode

Hi

What is Octaves expected behaviour when it encounters from the cellular interface / radio

1. An unexpected change to “airplane mode” (e.g. radio low voltage, high temperature …)
  2. A requested change to “airplane mode” (e.g. cm radio off , api call to radio off …)

?

Many thanks

John

Hi John, What device are you asking about?

Hi David

Good point

As far as I know - Octaves handling of Airplane mode is common to all of the current Octave devices as Airplane mode is a function of the WP7702 module - which is common to all the current Octave devices

• WP7702
  • FX30S
  • mangOH red
  • mangOH yellow

Cheers

John

Hi John,

Currently, there are no resources defined in Octave to monitor or control airplane mode for any of the Octave enabled devices. Ultra Low Power Mode (ULPM) can be configured in Octave. To effectively work with ULPM on the FX30, I would wait for Firmware version 2.1.4.

1 Like

Hi David

Thanks for the feedback - a public or accessible bug list would be very helpful with this sort of thing as we’re just discovering the already discovered.

I think there could be an issue with some mangOH yellow boards regarding airplane mode which has highlighted Octaves inability to handle this edge use case. We have eliminated the mangOH power source as the cause.

The problem is we are also experiencing the unrelated network registration issue at the same time which was making diag really difficult. I’m hoping the network registration workaround should help us focus purely on the airplane mode issue from now on

Cheers

John

Hi John, referring to your initial question, when module radio goes off Octave will not try to activate it back, so your app has to handle that case. In this situation, if Octave has some data to send to the cloud they will be stored in the “store and forward” memory which will be flushed the next time the module will be connected.

Hope this helps.

Didier

1 Like

Hi Didier

That’s a tricky one - is it now possible for developers to build Octave enabled Legato systems?

Cheers

John