"No xml formating yet for MSCI 10438"


#1

After upgrading to firmware v4.9.3 on my RV50 the UDP status updates no longer get sent. The logfile shows:

Nov 21 00:48:23 err ALEOS_EVENTS_dpRptGen: No xml formating yet for MSCI 10438
Nov 21 00:48:23 err ALEOS_EVENTS_dpRptSend: IPStsUpdaterHandler::handleReportMsg: Sending report to server failed for 9 reason Invalid argument

I’ve looked around to see if anyone else has experienced a similar issue but found nothing. Any ideas?


XML Status Message Breakdown
#2

*bump *

The status updates are an important part of my application, and I have to find a solution to this problem. Downgrading the firmware is not an option. Grateful for any help!


#3

I had already searched the Internet at large, and the Sierra Wireless documentation, for “MSCI 10438” and “10438” without finding anything remotely relevant, but in desperation I thought I’d take a look in the web interface source code as well (I already figured out that “MSCI ####” refers to a config parameter of some sort) - lo and behold, I think I found it, on the “Status” page:

<table id="TB_256_Status_Home_" width="100%">
    <tbody>
        <tr>
            <td class="sg">
                <p class="thBg" onclick="ctxt(this)">[-] General</p>
                <table id="TB_256_Status_Home_General_" width="100%" align="left">
                    <tbody>
                        ...
                        <tr id="sts-10438" class="alt" style="display: table-row;">
                            <td class="f"></td>
                            <td class="h" title="Current Interface">Network Interface</td>
                            <td id="10438" class="i"><label>Cellular</label><select name="10438" onblur="onBE(this);" onfocus="setPrevVal(this);" onchange="showHideTablesOnChange(this);" style="visibility: hidden;" title="1">
                                    <option value="0">None</option>
                                    <option value="1">Cellular</option>
                                    <option value="2">Wi-Fi</option>
                                    <option value="3">Ethernet</option>
                                </select></td>
                        </tr>
                        ...
                    </tbody>
                </table>
            </td>
        </tr>
        ...
    </tbody>
    <input id="TIME_256_Status_Home_" type="hidden" value="11/23/2018 3:25:27 PM">
    <input id="T_G_256_Status_Home_" type="hidden" value="301,12004,12011,12012,259,10438,1154-d1,272,10298-d1,5031-d1,5030-d1,1082-d1,1083-d1,12005,12006,1091-d1,1136-d1,2753-d1">
</table>

So it would seem my troubles relate to a missing XML definition in the report template for the “Network Interface” (or rather, “Current Interface”) parameter. How can I fix this?

Edit 181129: I have now tried, somewhat desperately, to fix this by doing a factory reset of our RV50 - alas, it changed nothing, and the problem remains the same.


#4

I have the same issue. ALEOS 4.9.3. Same messages in the log file.

@JBodlander, have you found a solution?

edit: I just upgraded to ALEOS 4.11.2 and the problem appears to be fixed.


#5

@foxxy Thanks for your post - I was getting rather frustrated by the total silence! I have not found a solution, but it sounds like you have! Look forward to trying 4.11.2; alas, I am remote at present, and don’t dare doing a FW upgrade in case the link doesn’t come back up…


#6

By the way, do you know how to intepret the fields from the status update? Some are self explanatory but others are not. I couldn’t find anything in the manual. And is it possible configure the router to send other fields?

For anybody curious, here is what an update looks like:

<body>
      <grp id="257">
        <sts id="259">Network Ready</sts>
        <sts id="10438">2</sts>
        <sts id="260">10762</sts>
        <sts id="261">-125</sts>
        <sts id="262"/>
        <sts id="263">0</sts>
        <sts id="264">UMTS</sts>
        <sts id="305">3G</sts>
        <sts id="265">DCD: LOW DTR: LOW DSR: HIGH CTS: HIGH RTS: LOW </sts>
        <sts id="266">27.11</sts>
        <sts id="267">0</sts>
        <sts id="268">2</sts>
        <sts id="269">16</sts>
        <sts id="270">457</sts>
        <sts id="273">6</sts>
        <sts id="274">0</sts>
        <sts id="275">0</sts>
        <sts id="276">0</sts>
        <sts id="277">0</sts>
        <sts id="278">0</sts>
        <sts id="279">2337</sts>
        <sts id="280">574268</sts>
        <sts id="281">0</sts>
        <sts id="282">0</sts>
        <sts id="283">0</sts>
        <sts id="284">0</sts>
        <sts id="301">192.168.1.75</sts>
        <sts id="302">2292</sts>
      </grp>
    </body>

#7

Yes, some of them I’ve managed to figure out, see XML Status Message Breakdown. I don’t think it’s possible to change the contents of the status updates, other than through a firmware update.


#8

Thanks @JBodlander