No TRACE output in Target mode

I have been unable to obtain TRACE output when running my applicaiton in Target mode (compiled with [Target]_ARM_ELF_GCC_Debug build configuration). I can send output to the Terminal Console window with adl_atSendResponse, but the same exact message, sent using TRACE() never appears in the Trace view in Developer Studio.

I have also tried connecting to receive the TRACE output using TMT, but I never receive any message. Again, console output functions, TRACE does not.

Is this a know problem? Is there a work-around?

I got TRACE flowing using TMT, by forcing a target init after I boot my application. Good enough for now.

However, not that I am getting trace output, my console is fileld with these types of messages:

Trace HWL 1 Unable to find the string of the remote trace in the file (ID = 7642)
Trace SIM 1 Unable to find the string of the remote trace in the file (ID = 43737)
Trace 1 Unable to find the string of the remote trace in the file (ID = 35826)

My application trace statements come through cleanly, but the system messages do not. Is there a way to fix this?

Cory

That is normal behaviour - without doing the ‘Init Target’ you will not get any TRACEs.

It is the ‘Init Target’ that lets the target know that it is connected to TMT, and tells it to enable the TRACE output.

Wavecom didn’t normally release the decode for the “system” messages to customers.
Dunno if SiWi now have a different policy on this…

Ok, that’s no problem then, I will ignore them. I would like to configure TMT to hide them, so that I only see the SYS messages I want (that is where my applicaiton TRACE output is showing up). Is there a way to configure TMT to hide unwated messages that is persistent across launches?

Cory

Check that they’re disabled in Trace > Set Diagnose Levels, but TMT always shows a few of them - I think they’re considered “special cases”, and can’t be disabled.

In TMT don’t forget to load a valid workspace otherwise TMT can’t decode the trace messages from the error codes resulting in messages like you have seen.