NO Carrier message on ATD at command response

Hi,

I have some problem with the ATD message.
I follow the steps of all the wavecom tutorial.

at+csq
+CSQ: 31,0

at+cgreg?
+CGREG: 0,1 (so I am attached)

at+cgatt?
+CGATT: 1 (so i have a session opened)

at+cgact=1,1
OK
at+cgact?
+CGACT: 0,0
+CGACT: 1,1

OK

atd*99***1#
CONNECT 115200
~ÿ}#À!}!}!} }6}!}$}%Ü}"}&} } } } }'}"}(}"}#}$À#&Ž~~ÿ}#À!}!}!} }6}!}$}%Ü}"}&} } } } }'}"}(}"}#}$À#&Ž~~ÿ}#À!}!}!} }6}!}$}%Ü}"}&} } } } }'}"}(}"}#}$À#&Ž~~ÿ}#À!}!}!} }6}!}$}%Ü}"}&} } } } }'}"}(}"}#}$À#&Ž~~ÿ}#À!}!}!} }6}!}$}%Ü}"}&} } } } }'}"}(}"}#}$À#&Ž~~ÿ}#À!}!}!} }6}!}$}%Ü}"}&} } } } }'}"}(}"}#}$À#&Ž~~ÿ}#À!}!}!} }6}!}$}%Ü}"}&} } } } }'}"}(}"}#}$À#&Ž~~ÿ}#À!}!}!} }6}!}$}%Ü}"}&} } } } }'}"}(}"}#}$À#&Ž~~ÿ}#À!}!}!} }6}!}$}%Ü}"}&} } } } }'}"}(}"}#}$À#&Ž~~ÿ}#À!}!}!} }6}!}$}%Ü}"}&} } } } }'}"}(}"}#}$À#&Ž~
NO CARRIER

at+ceer
+CEER: Error 0 (this error code is not referenced)

OK

Moreover, I tried a pppd configuration (I pasted from wavecom example) and it failed.

nodetach
debug
kdebug 7
crtscts
connect "chat -vs ECHO OFF AT\r OK ATE0V1\r OK ATD*99***1# CONNECT"
novj
nomagic
asyncmap 0
defaultroute
usepeerdns

You can see my output :

root@Seagull:~# pppd ttyS0 115200 file /etc/ppp/option.gprs
expect (AT^M)
alarm
Failed
Connect script failed

So thank you if have any idea …

John.

HI John,

Did you find a solution to this probelm ? I have the same problem and can’t find a solution,
Please let me know …
e-mail :amal_medhat@hotmail.com
Medhat

Hi Medhat,

are you sure, your modem echoes the input? If not try: ATE1

Best Regards,
Jan

Hi Jan,

Yes, the modem echoes the input.
Any idea, what would be the response after CONNECT message, is’t normal to get those characters ?

Regards,
Medhat

I think that’s PPP data.

Yes, it is PPP frame asking for PAP identification and setting LCP options

So it looks like the modem isn’t getting a (valid) response to that, and so it drops the call = NO CARRIER?

Yes ! More exactly the modem is not answering to this identification frame. So it is sent 10 times to the modem and then connection is closed.

This mean the PPP protocol is not handle by the modem… but i dont really know how to do this… maybe with “GPRS AT commands” like AT+CGDCONT, AT+CGQREQ, AT+CGQMIN, …