My fastrack program couldn't send any response to hyper term

Hi, I’m Edy.

I’m currently using Fastrack Supreme 20 for my research. FYI i’m a newbie in this technology. there are few questions that i would like to seek for the answers.

1. What kind of chipset does my Fastrack SUpreme 20 use to manage the GPS module? is it OPUS 3? Nanoride? or Chipset development kit GPS? mine is the standard one, haven’t done any modification on it yet.

2. in DSK given in the installer, there are software. TMT, TE, and SELIMA. could somebody give me a brief explanation about these software function? coz the guide wasn’t helping very much.

3. In Visual C++ 6.0 we could use the debug mode for the program that we’ve created in C. the debug system is called Remote Task Manager. in the RTM window we can see there is a check box with “choose Group” written inside. in side of it we can choose CUS4 till CUS7 (might vary on diff computer). the question is what CUS stands for? and what the traces level is?

i’m sorry if my Question are too many, but it will help me a lot if someone would kindly response my mail.

Regards,
Edy Gunawan

Wavecom supports both OPUS 1 and OPUS 3 chipsets. Actually, the GPS functionality comes as a plug in called C-GPS. Earlier only OPUS 1 was supported, but now both OPUS 1 and OPUS 3 are supported. In case you are using OPUS 3 chipset, then you need to make sure that you use the corresponding C-GPS plug-in.

It is difficult to give a detailed description, but I would try to be as clear as possible :slight_smile:
TMT/TE and SELIMA are tools provided by Wavecom which can be used on the PC side to communicate to the Wireless CPU. SELIMA is the one which manages the connection between the PC and the Wavecom module, and TMT/TE (which internally communicates via SELIMA only) can be used to issue commands and send/receive data to the module.

TMT is basically used for debugging purpose. There are TRACEs in the firmware (in-fact they can be used in the Open AT application also) which provide debug information and are printed over TMT only. If you read the user guide, you can see that these traces corresponded to various levels and depending on the information you require, you can select the level of traces that you want to receive from the firmware. The same applies to the Open AT application also. You can read the ADL user guide for more information on the TRACE macro. There are various other options in TMT which can be used for debugging purposes.

TE is again divided into two parts - the command window and the data window. The command window can be used to send AT commands to the firmware/Open AT application and the data window can be used to send/receive data to/from the module. The advantage of using TMT/TE over other communicating softwares (like Hyperterminal) is that with TMT/TE you can exploit both the command mode and the data mode features at a time. With hyperterminal, you can either be in command mode or data mode.

I think reading the tools manual from here on would be of more help :slight_smile:

“CUS” as i said in the previous post, is again a level of trace (or group you can say) that is given for the user to use in the Open AT application. This gives flexibility to the user to use the TRACE macro in the Open AT application. now the levels that are given (1 to 32) are sub-groups under the CUS group. For example,

TRACE ((1, “Hello from level 1”));
TRACE ((2, “Hello from level 2”));

The above statements suggest that it is CUS4 level 1 and level 2 traces. So if you use TMT to select the diagnose level and you check only CUS4 level 1 traces, then you would not receive the second statement at all in TMT.

So basically, these levels are provided to group the debug information so that it becomes easy for further analysis.
I hope this helps. :slight_smile:

Thank you Paruthiv… you sure give me a lot of help… thanx a lot!
i appreciate for your time trying to explain the basic things to me.

regards,
Edy2