I have a remote device with a GSM modem. From a PC with another GSM modem, I make a data call to that device, and exchange data in real time (commands, alarms, logs, …).
snd: ATDxxxxxxx // connecting remote device... rcv: CONNECT 9600 // connected! snd: SET OUT 1 ON // command: activate OUT1 rcv: SET OUT 1 ON OK // acknowledgement: OUT1 ON //... //... snd:+++ // finishing call... rcv:OK snd: ATH // finish call rcv: OK
My questions are:
- How in GPRS can I emulate this behaviour? Real time is a must.
- Socket TCP/UDP? Client or server? Or both are possible?
- IP address in GPRS is dynamic, isn’t it?
- How can I reach the device if I am not able to know that IP?
- The mobile bearer has a service like this?
“What’s the IP associated a this mobile telephone number”
- A little off topic, I know…
- Is it possible to make a GSM data call from a VoIP handset (transmitting data, not voice, obviously)?
Thanks in advance for your kind attention.
I am sorry if I mistook the place to post. Please let me know the right place.