MC7700 Driver on Windows 11 not working

Hello. I am trying to make the MC7700 module work on HUNSN IPC-BM18 PC (Windows 11 pro 21H2) . I downloaded latest drivers from this website and after installation in the device manager I can see some new devices (Sierra Wireless Location Sensor, Sierra Wireless HSPA Modem, I assume the drivers were installed correctly for this functions of the module) but also in other devices there is “MC7700” with this driver status:
"The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28)

There are no compatible drivers for this device.

To find a driver for this device, click Update Driver."

And after drivers were installed and a reboot I still cant see not Cellular options or WWAN network Device. What could cause this error?

Hi @spadetsky1
Welcome you to our community
Please try to install latest driver for your PC (Windows 10) by following the link below, then recheck if the issue still happens.
https://source.sierrawireless.com/resources/airprime/software/airprime-mc-series-windows-drivers-qmi-build-4431/#sthash.cIVdCP1e.dpbs
If the issue still happens, it could be a device issue

If the issue does not happen on the PC (Windows 10), Please try install latest driver for your other PC (Windows 11). Then check again, do the issue still happens in this case?

Thanks,

I’m currently having the same issue, however with the latest driver, it shows itself as an ethernet device rather than a cellular module.
Also, every time I attempt a firmware update provided from the website’s download page, it completely shuts off my module. I then have to uninstall the driver, restart the computer, re-install the driver, and end up back to square one.

what might I be missing?

Hi @chris.gr8house,

Welcome to our community!

1. What driver version are you using?
  2. After installing the driver, what does Device Manager show under the Ports and Network Adapter sections? Please share a screenshot with me.
  3. Are you using the module on a Windows 11 computer? Please try it on another Windows 10 computer to see if it detects the device.

Thanks,