Local IP and Server Streaming

I was wondering if I can get some clarification on configuring the LX60. I am evaluating this device. When streaming to a server, is the LX60 acting as a TCP Client that connects to a TCP Server or is it a TCP Server and my software would act as a TCP client connecting to it? Same for Local IP streaming - is the LX60 acting as a TCP Server that my local device would connect to as a client ?

Hi steven_mcneese,

LX60 enables its connected device to communicate with the internet. In this case, you can use IP Passthrough by which the AirLink gateway passes the WAN IP to the connected device. Then, your connected device can be configured as either client or server, it’s up to you.

Local IP streaming is used to send location reports to connected device through serial connection or local IP connection.

Thanks,

Yeah I figured it out. I was using tcp
Instead of udp. Got it working with a udp listener. I have the device ID configured for phone number. It is being passed at the beginning of the NMEA sentence but cannot figure out how to decrypt it. Converting the raw hex does not result in anything that looks like the phone number.

Hi steven_mcneese,

The RAP messages are in hex. You might configure “Local Report Type” as RAP.

Please refer to the document below on page 305 to set it to NMEA:
https://source.sierrawireless.com/resources/airlink/software_reference_docs/airlink-lx-series---configuration-guide/#sthash.20CAd3v9.dpbs

Thanks,

I do have it configured for NMEA and the device is is being pretended to each sentences. However the hex devices is does not match the actual phone number it is configured to send.

Hi steven_mcneese,

Could you please follow page 20 to download your device’s template and send it to me? I need to take a look at your configuration.

Thanks,