IESM-IO+USB 16-Way IO Socket

Hi guys,

I am new to this wavecom product

I need help in reading the data from the IESM-IO+USB 16-way IO socket. I am currently imputing an analogue signal via Pin 11 so that it passes through the AUX-ADC to convert the analogue signal to digital signal. Does anyone know the AT commands to retrieve the data that is passing through this pin or how can i retrieve my data?

Regards
Andy

Did you check the AT_Command_Interface_Guide.pdf?
searching for adc will lead to “at+adc?”

you can find the document by searching the help from M2M studio (or download it from the website)

Hiya,

Check the hardware documentation to make sure that your analogue signal doesn’t exceed the allowed voltage range.

According to the Q2686 Wireless Technoical Specification Rev 010, the Q2686 (which is what is inside a Fastrack Supreme) has a maximum input signal range of 2V. Be warned that the Q2686 does not cope with any overvoltages on the input pins at all well (hard experience and a small pile of smoked Q2686’s)…

ciao, Dave

Hey guys

thanks for ur replies… now there are some changes in my specification and i require more than one analogue input. Issit possible if i use the GPIOs to read an Analog input and then convert it to digital. Or should I use an external ADC dat outut a digital signal to pump it in to GPIOs.

Thanks for the help in advance

I would definitely use an external ADC.
You can get them with either a I2C interface or SPI interface.

Hiya,

Nope. The GPIO on the Wavecom modules are Digital I/O only.

However, I recall that there is either an SPI or I2C bus brought out on the IESM connector - so you may be able to use the appropriate ADC on that serial bus.

Make sure that you read (and re-read) the tech specs for the module to check the digital I/O levels - there is NO tolerance for overvoltage on the Wavecom GPIO pins (personal experience speaking here :blush: ).

ciao, Dave

As the specifications clearly tell you!

Note that I have never heard of any application where “GPIO” means anything other than digital IO.

In fact there is both an I2C and an SPI.

Absolutely: don’t guess; assume nothing - read (and re-read) the tech specs!!