How to communicate with a FX30 (Ethernet)

It seems obvious to me how to talk to the FX30 via USB. But what about Ethernet?

The default IP address is 192.168.13.31, according to Table 2-6 AT!FWD=CLEARETHADDR in the manual.
So do I telnet to that IP address in order to send AT commands and send SMS?
If it is telnet, what credentials are active by default?

Thanks,

Tony

Hi Tony,
There is no telnet server on the FX30. You can ssh but this IP is statically assigned and there is no dhcp server for the ethernet port. Note, you’ll have to open the firewall to ssh by editing the /etc/iptables.rules

BR,
Chris

Hi Chris,

Thanks for your reply. So to send a SMS using the FX30 via Ethernet, I SSH into it then send the associated AT commands? Is that the intended use case for sending SMS with the FX30? It looked like the USB port was intended to be the main way to send SMS, not Ethernet; however I want to send SMS using the FX30’s Ethernet port.

Regards,

Tony

Hi Tony,
We leave it up to the customer to decide what works best for you. The FX30 is intended to be customizable and we try to dictate as little as possible how to do things.

To send SMS, you can ssh through either USB or ethernet and then send an AT command using microcom, you can connect directly to the AT port or modem port, or write a linux or Legato application.

We close the firewall on the ethernet port by default to ensure security, so you’ll also need to add the rules for SMS as well as for ssh.

BR,
Chris