HL78xx direct LwM2M support

I’m searching for information to see if HL7800 module supports LwM2M.
I can see that there are commands for connecting to AirVantage that also use LwM2M, but it looks very specific to that service provider.

Is it supported or planned to have capability to connect to any generic LwM2M server?

I don’t see any AT command supporting this.

HL7800 supports LWM2M but cannot connect to any generic LWM2M server. I don’t heard any plan to support other LWM2M severs.

Hi,
Please can you let me know if the LWM2M server support status for the HL7800 modules is still as above, with integration with other LWM2M servers not being supported? Or has this changed now?
Thanks.

@graham.hunter

No it is not supported in the current firmware and is unlikely to be in future releases, this has been significant topic of conversation.

Unfortunately not all LWM2M servers are created equal. This the conclusion we have come to after working with several of them (as the operators require us to interface to theirs for device management) as it is very difficult to come up with a generically compatible stack that will work with any LWM2M server where you have limited ability to configure it (through generic AT commands). It really requires lower level firmware access to tweak it to resolve issues that you might encounter. If a given customer hits a problem with it not working with their server it would be a never ending support story for us to modify the stack.

We will shiortly be supporting various modes and features for security and easy UDP data transmission meaning you can go up to these levels and then an application would need to host a LWM2M stack which could then have the modifications performed as required.

Regards

Matt