Help Me To Make a right Selection

Hello,

first time here and i need your help. i have a HP Pavilion DV9000 Series Laptop and i want to put a WWAN 4G/LTE & GPS Mini PCIe Card, after search i found Sierra AirPrime Cards. I found the Cards below :

• Sierra AirPrime MC7700
  • Sierra AirPrime MC7710
  • Sierra AirPrime MC7750

I’m at Europe/Greece ,

• 2G capabilities - GSM 900, GSM 1800
  • 3G capabilities - UMTS 2100
  • 4G capabilities - LTE 800, LTE 1800, LTE 2600

Details for Carriers, Bands & Frequencies here

wich WWAN 4G/LTE & GPS Mini PCIe Cards is better in my occasion or you have to make me another proposal.

Regards
Giorgos

MC7710 will be appropriate for those markets, however all the above mentioned Airprime modules (MC77xx) are now obsolete. You may want to consider platforms that may contain recent modules such as our EM/MC74xx series.

1 Like

Thanks Thor for your reply, i select that models because the laptop are old and i’m not sure about compatibility…

Witch one of EM/MC74xx series you suggest me?

I suggest consider MC7455: https://source.sierrawireless.com/devices/mc-series/mc7455/

1 Like

HP is known to whitelist wwan and wlan modules. You cannot use arbitrary modules with their laptops. You have to use one of the HP parts available for your model, if any. HP support will know.

1 Like

Yes that is correct. You would need to contact the laptop vendor to ensure module is qualified for the laptop platform you have or obtain the platform models that do support the desired WWAN modules for your needs.

1 Like

I make a question at HP Support forum HERE and waiting answers.

Also i found some people say they remove the Whitelist from the bios… i try to learn more about that…