help configuring rv50X for recorder panasonic

I have a recorder system connected to TP-Link, TP-Link is connected to RV-50X. I tried opening the port on rv50x for both the tp-link and the recorder but it didn’t work. Can you help me to check online whether the camera can use network from rv50x or not? I use aleos version 4.9.3

Hi @leanh.tshumg
Can you help provide more information to understand your topology:

• Do you want to connect your recorder <–>TP link <–> RV50x?
  • Can you help me to check online whether the camera can use network from rv50x or not? Do you want to place the camera under RV50x or via tp-link likes topology above?
  • FW 4.9.3 is quite old. We recommennd customer upgrade to latest. Download here
    Thanks

Thanks for your reply

I connected rv50x to Lan port of TP-link WR841N and also panasonic recorder was connected to Lan port of tp-link.

I have set the address for tp-link as follows: Tp- link: moving ip wan

static Lan ip

Panasonic recorder: set static ip

I tried opening the port for the camera on rv50

Port 80

Port 445

Port 553

And checked port but port displaying closed

Can you help me solve this problem? Because I have 10 sets like this, and all have this situation.

Thanks

Vào Th 2, 20 thg 4, 2020 lúc 14:41 Vianney via Sierra Wireless Forum sierrawireless@discoursemail.com đã viết:

Hi @leanh.tshumg,
Please check some configuration as below:

1. Are whole lights on RV50 being bright? Please verify network from TP-link by using a PC connected to TP then making sure the PC can access the internet

2. Add port forwarding on RV50:

• In the Public Start Port field, enter the desired public network port number. Values between 1 and 65535 are supported, although Sierra Wireless recommends using a
    value greater than 1024. Unsolicited data coming in on this port is forwarded to the port you select in the Private Start Port field.
  • In the Public End Port field, enter 0.
  • Select the desired protocol:
    · TCP
    · UDP
    · TCP & UDP
  • Enter the IP address of recorder you want to forward data to
  • In the Private Start Port field, enter the number of the port on the recorder that you want to forward data to.
  • Click Apply. Then reboot
  1. Ping the recorder from RV50x:
    Admin->Advandced->ping
    If RV cannot reach to the recorder. It might be the wrong configuration in LAN tab
    Please share any concerns you have
    Thanks

Hi vianney

1. All the lights on my rv50 are on and the computer has accessed to internet

2. I have also added the port forwarding as instructed to the recorder and re-started but I could not ping from rv50 to the recorder.

3. So is it the fault of FW 4.9.3 or Lan configuration?

Thanks

Vào Th 2, 20 thg 4, 2020 lúc 18:07 Vianney via Sierra Wireless Forum sierrawireless@discoursemail.com đã viết:

Hi @leanh.tshumg,
There’s no forwarding port issue on FW 4.9. It works fine
Basically, when RV50, TP-link, recorder are same subnet they can ping together. Please help try to check configuration on TP-link. Can you ping recorder from TP? Can you ping RV50 from TP?

Thanks

Hi Vianney ,

Today I took picture of my setup, can you help me check where it went wrong, because I still could not open port of the recorder

Thanks

Vào Th 3, 21 thg 4, 2020 lúc 11:59 Vianney via Sierra Wireless Forum sierrawireless@discoursemail.com đã viết:

Hi @leanh.tshumg,

• Have you tried to replace RV50 with a PC then pin recorder? If PC is not successfully. The problem is not from RV50. Please double check TP-link
  • If the PC can ping but RV is not. Please set Port mode as LAN mode as below then try again

• Do you want to set up all devices are able to access internet by using WAN in RV50 or TP-link in your topology? If you want to use WAN in RV50, You have to set WAN to cellular (provide a data SIM for RV50)

Please share any concerns you have and help us tick Solution if your problem is resolved
Thanks

1 Like