GX440: what default gateway is assigned?

Hello,

I hope someone can help me out. I have two GX440’s updated to the latest firmware.

Suppose I am in a private network with my cellular provider where the IP range is in 192.168.2.0/25. Let’s just say out of that IP range an IP address of 192.168.2.5 is assigned to a device. Let us further suppose the GX440 is setup for public IP addresses so the IP address assigned to the gateway is passed through to the Ethernet port on the gateway. Let us further suppose again DHCP is enabled on that Ethernet port. So, the IP address assigned to the gateway is passed through to the Ethernet port where DHCP proceeds to assign that IP address to whatever device hooks up to the Ethernet port on that gateway.

Let’s say we hook a notebook up to that Ethernet port. It’s network settings are set to obtain network settings from DHCP so the notebook gets its network information from the gateway.

In this case, the notebook gets an IP address of 192.168.2.5 with a subnet of 255.255.255.0.

What is the gateway assigned to the notebook? Will it be 192.168.2.1? What determines on the GX440 what the gateway will be? Will it always be 192.168.2.1?

Thanks!