FXT009 with FXTE02

Good morning to everyone,

in the past we worked a lot with the Sierra Wireless FXT009 modem. We made some OpenAT application for it without any problems. (They work in SMS or GPRS Network)
Now we want to do the next step and develop a new version of the software, which doesn’t uses SIM cards, but an ethernet connection.

With our reseller we have found the FXTE02 adapter and we are able to assemble everything. Now our problem is that in the OpenAT application we are not able to connect to a (DHCP) ethernet network.
Unfortunately I did not find anything helpfull in the documentation, but in the OpenAT framework headers I have found the ethernet bearer.
Anyways I am not able to connect to the ethernet network.

As far as I understand the only thing that I have to change in my SIM card application is the part where I connect to the internet.
This is the relevant part of the code:

bool openConnection(void) {
	int error = 0;
	error = wip_ATCmdSubscribe();
	if(error != 0 && error != -2) {
		//... error handling
		return FALSE;
	}
	error = wip_netInit();
	if(error != 0) {
		//... error handling
		return FALSE;
	}
	error = wip_bearerOpen(&gprsBearer, "GPRS", gprsEventHandler, NULL);
	if(error != 0) {
		//... error handling
		return FALSE;
	}
	error = wip_bearerSetOpts(gprsBearer, WIP_BOPT_GPRS_APN, ReadInternet(), WIP_BOPT_LOGIN, ReadIUser(), WIP_BOPT_PASSWORD, ReadIPassword(), WIP_BOPT_END);
	if(error != 0) {
		//... error handling
		return FALSE;
	}
	error = wip_bearerStart(gprsBearer);
	if(error != 0 && error != -27) {
		//... error handling
		return FALSE;
	}
	return TRUE;
}

Maybe anybody can help me modify this or can point me a documentation where I can inform myself?

Thank you so much and best regards
Harald

PS: sorry for my bad english

Hi,
we have tried the SDK sample ‘Ethernet’ at our end using IESM card and is working fine :slight_smile:
we have followed the below steps:

1. Connect IESM Ethernet card to FXT module. Pluck out Ethernet cable from LAN plug, connect it to the IESM Ethernet card. The other end is connected to your system.
  2. Open control panel. Go to network settings. In the left top, you can see change adaptor settings option. Right click on LAN settings. Go to properties. In the Networking TAB, select IPv4. Click on properties. In general tab, click on “use the following IP address”.
  3. Fill in IP address as “192.168.1.1” and subnet mask as “255.255.255.0”
  4. Save it an close.
  5. Run the application.
  6. It will initialize the Ethernet bearer and afterwards create a TCP client.
  7. The application provides a “LOCAL IP” to the module. it is hardcoded in the application (192.168.1.2).
  8. The TCP client is created towards the IP “192.168.1.1” which is IP of your machine as described in point 3 above.
  9. To see whether the data is being send and received on TCP socket, create a TCP server on your system using HERCULES tool.

Can you try the same at your end and see whether it is working.
Also the code part you have shared is for GPRS. you have to provide “ETHER” as the device field in wip_bearerOpen.
Are you using two bearers? If so you have to wait for the complete initialization (WIP_BEV_IP_CONNECTED event) of the first bearer and should start with the second one.

Thanks,
Alex