sorry in advance for my poor english .
I’m developing a project totally on Open-AT platform.
The project consists in a Q2687RD Edge Module, IP connected that works like a remote Microphone.
Once the Module gets GPRS Bearer, It connects to a known TCP_Server.
So it’s starts to costantly monitoring Microphone (Audio Low and High IRQ Subscribed) for fixed Audio levels (8k PCM Audio).
Once audio levels exceeds settings, audio is subscribed in AMR mode (12.2kbit) and packets are buffered on an SD Card.
As soon the buffering finish (Audio levels turns to steady state) they are all read, numbered and sent to the TCP_Server (using WIP Lib functions).
With Fw 7.44 we had constant audio streaming speed to the Server (Tested with large buffers of 16384 and 8192 bytes) of 5.5KByte per second (calculated by the server and monitored via Debug).
Once upgraded the Module to Fw 7.45 (and tried also 7.45.1) the KByte per second was much Lower (variable from 1 to 3.5 Kbyte per second) with visible lags.
I state that:
- We have an untouched code, only recompiled it for new FW and OS
- We have tried to rollback to Fw version 7.44 and noticed speed increase again
- We need 7.45 Fw because we notice some unexpected resets with 7.44 during the Bearer connections (no Backtrace data found and it states Normal restart on main() function) to some EGPRS Italian Operators (such as TIM and Wind).
- We tried to disable the Audio Low and High IRQ (thinking it was the only ones low level interrupts) and made a fake audio streaming. This was increasing the transfer speed to 4 Kbps, but variable again.
- The tests are done from an to the Same exact Locations with the same Mobile Operators.
If someone can be helpful on this topic will that will be appreciated.