I have been testing the Q2687 ( stack version 6.61_09 ) on MTN and
CellC in South Africa, and there seems to be a lot of confusion about
what the speed of EDGE should be.
Does anyone know any of the following:
- What is the theoretical and realistic speed of EDGE.
- What is the actual theoretic and realistic transfer speed when using the Q2687?
- To what extent is the speed affected by the network ( not on the IP/internet side, but on the GSM side ).
- To what extent is in necessary to finetune the module for a specific
network to obtain decent transfer rates?
- Is there any way to check if the Q2687 is running in EDGE or GPRS
Most references list EDGE between 180kbps and 260kbps, but I’m only
getting 60-80 kbps on the Q2687.
Testing has been done on both the eval board and a custom board, using
the USB interface.
Nic van der Walt.