Firmware update keeps rolling back to the original firmware?

Greetings Everyone,

I’m having an issue with my EM7455 Firmware on my Thinkpad T470. The issue is that each time I try to update the firmware and after succeeding, for some reason it rolls back to the previous version which is 02.24.05.06. The version that I’m trying to upgrade to is 02.32.11.00. I don’t know if Thinkpads are not allowed to perform firmware updates, but after updating the firmware and reboot the device it goes back to the older version which is 02.24.05.06.

Thanks.

Do you have a SIM inserted and who’s the carrier? The module may have been defaulted to use firmware 02.24.05.06 for certain reasons such as if it’s the carrier certified firmware where the one 02.32.11.00 you flashed might not have been approved by the carrier yet.

Also, where did you get the 02.32.11.00 firmware and what is the Mobile Broadband Driver Package version you are using now? You can find it in \Control Panel\Add Remove Programs.

I’m currently using a VIVA sim card. I’m located now in Kuwait Middle East. It’s a regular data sim card. I don’t think that the carrier knows anything about this because when I talked to them about the internet sim card they just told me to plug it and it should work.
For the driver, I’m using the one provided by Lenovo Drivers Page which is 7.70.4957.0103.
The Website that I’m downloading the firmware from is the following:
https://source.sierrawireless.com/resources/airprime/minicard/74xx/airprime-em_mc74xx-approved-fw-packages/

The version that I’m trying to install is the one that’s highlighted in Yellow.

Did you ever get an answer or figure this out? I’m having the same issue when I try to install Verizon 2.33 from 2.24. It keeps rolling back after reboot