DDNS IP Manager Service not working?

Hi,
Since last week the IP addresses for about 20 RV50 are not updated in DDNS eairlink.com. Is the DDNS service IP Manager *.eairlink.com still working? The configuration runs well for many years , suddenly no longer. Nothing has been changed:
IP Manager Server: edns1.eairlink.com, edns2.eairlink.com

They public IP addresses are changed daily by the provider, so I don’t know the current addresses.

Best regards,
Peter

We have same problems with LS300 and LX40. Modems started losing connections to our monitor room around 10th of june. Some are working and some are not. We booted the modems, it did help, but only for a couple of days until we lost connections again. Tried booting again, this time with no luck. Now we have 40% of our sites without connection.

Sent: Dienstag, 21. Juni 2022 22:36
To: christoph.kuendig
Subject: IP Manager’s DDNS don’t work

Hi Christoph

The Sever was moved but now it has been resolved and is working

Best regards

Dickon Robinson :: Senior Field System Engineer (ES)
SIERRA WIRELESS :: Enterprise Solutions

Hi, since yesterday the IP addresses for over 20 RV50 are not updated in DDNS earilink.com again.
Can you resolve the issue, please.
Best Regards,
Peter

Hi Pspiegler,

Take care, the eairlink.com service will not work anymore after July 1st 2023. And some down are expected to this date.>

The Sierra Wireless IP Manager Dynamic DNS service is intended for limited use in testing or evaluation
scenarios. This service is unmonitored and is provided without any service level commitments or uptime expectations.
This service may go offline periodically and without notice. This service should not be used in any mission-critical
customer application, and Sierra Wireless recommends that customers configure an alternate commercial dynamic
DNS service. Note that Sierra Wireless will discontinue our free IP Manager Dynamic DNS Service (hosted at
eairlink.com) effective July 1, 2023.

You should be able to contact modems by IPs or phone number. To prevent 1st of July end of service, you can move to Dyndns.com services which is 30 hostnames for 55 U$D per year.

Hi,
I read in the RV55 manual:
“IP Manager
You can use the Sierra Wireless IP Manager Dynamic DNS service if:
• The gateway has Internet access and uses the Sierra Wireless-hosted IP Manager
server (eairlink.com domain)
• The gateway is on a private network without Internet access and a self-hosted IP
Manager server is on the same private network. If you want to self-host an IP
Manager server on your private network, contact your authorized Sierra Wireless
distributor for more information”

There were never such restrictions as mentioned above.

We usually see the IP in logs as the systems on the LAN are sending data from the RV55. Only one system failed and I don’t know the IP, which changes daily. The contract is only for internet and has no phone number.
Please re-enable IP Manager before the end of service on July 1st.

And let your customers know when you’re discontinuing such an essential service. I get the Sierra Wireless newsletter, but there was no such information in any headline.

Peter

At the bottom of the ALEOS 4.16.0 Release Notes 's first page.

And in the AirLink RV55 Series Software Configuration Guide at page 258.

I asked some informations about it in this topic in January with not so much help :confused:

PS : I do not work for Sierra, I just had to manage the migration for 200+ devices -_-

Thanks, I have only to manage 27 devices, which use IP manager. In newer devices I use also IPSEC VPN, which work in mobile networks with only private IP addresses. The older RV50 need a firmware upgrade, which is remotely dangerous.

I hope that the IP Manager service will work for a few more days, so I can find the device with the not responding computer.