COPS insufficient list on M1306B

Hello All,

I have a Fastrack 1306B with firmware 6.57c and when using the AT+COPS=? command the modem only responds with 1 of the 3 expected operators. When I try this in a Q2686 Dev Kit (the same SIM card),the modem picks up the operators and connects to the home operator.

When trying to connect manually I just get +CME ERROR: 529 (Selection failure – emergency calls only).

I have reinstalled the firmware on the Fastrack but there is no change. When using an older version 6.40 it picks up 2 out of 3 operators.

Does anyone maybe have any suggestions as to why this is happening? I am thinking of getting a firmware version before 6.57 and trying that.

Thanks in advance,
fransvdl

What are the relative signals levels between the Fastrack and Q2686?

Maybe the Fastrack has a poor antenna?

Afternoon awneil,

The signals are more or less the same.
Q2686: 28, Fastrack: 24 and when I swap the antenna’s
Q2686: 24, Fastrack: 23.

I got the operator SIM card that the Fastrack sees but it still does not want to connect to the MS. Tries to attach the whole time but with no avail :frowning:

Thanks,
fransvdl

I’m facing this same problem. Do someone have an update? I’ve tryied two different SIMs and different places, and nothing worked.

Does the Dev Kit have some kind of special IMEI?

I seem to remember that there have been threads before where there’s been some issue like this…?

Maybe it’s the network operator that won’t allow “roaming” with the Fastrack’s IMEI… :question:

Will the SIM register to the different networks in a phone?