Connection issues to RV50X that has a Verizon SIM but is roaming

I have a fixed-location RV50X with a Verizon SIM card. It is a weather station with Campbell data logger using the RV50X for communication. The only cell towers around are for a small local provider Strata Networks USA, but are very close, less than a mile away with clear LOS. I have great RSSI, RSRP, and RSRQ values, all lights are fully green. I can see the local providers name in AceManager as “Serving Network Operator”. The setup was tested at the office with nearby Verizon towers and all was good. At the site, I have been able to connect briefly a random time or two and I can only occasionally even ping the RV50X’s static IP address when I know for the sure unit is powered. The template is the same as many of my other fully-funtioning RV50X/datalogger setups elsewhere. The RV50X is new, has ALEOS 4.17.1 and the radio firmware is the latest. I suspect some incompatibility with roaming on the local provider’s towers. They say they don’t exclude or prioritize roamers. Any thoughts on settings or other things I can try?

Hi @ed_grote,

Welcome to our community!

“At the site, I have been able to connect briefly a random time or two and I can only occasionally even ping the RV50X’s static IP address when I know for the sure unit is powered.”

→ From the description, I understand that you can only access the RV for a short period of time, then lose connection, and sometimes can ping the RV, sometimes cannot, is that correct?

Please make sure that you have attached the antennas properly to the RV. Two antennas are required when connecting to an LTE network.
If possible, please share the log file and template file on the RV50X with me.

Thanks,