Can i program to send and receive MMS via GPRS with VS C#?

My idea is program a application to read/write a MMS via GPRS modem by Visual Studio C# 2005/2008.
Can i ?
If i can: How to read/write MMS? (MMS structure, ect)

Thanks for your help!

Hiya,

There is an application note about using the Wavecom Modems for doing MMS.

Log into the developer section of the Wavecom website, and then go to the Application Notes area (link off main login page). Look for the app note called Multimedia Message Service Application Note. This should help you get started…

ciao, Dave

I downloaded it. Thank for your help. Hope, it is that i need.

Hi David,

I just download the mention code but it is a c++ code. I there any .net version?

The AT command is the command we run in window’s command prompt?

Please help. Thank you.

Hiya,

Unlikely - if it’s not on the Wavecom site.

I’m afraid that I can’t help at all with .NET - I’m an embedded design engineer and C programmer and have never even looked at .NET because it doesn’t run on the platforms I use.

I would start by looking through the C++ code and get the gist of what needs to be done.

ciao, Dave

HI David,

thanks for your reply again, and so sorry as i totally fresh and keep asking something is too simple.

Ist MMS sample code download from “Multimedia Message Service Application Note” should build using the M2MStudio?

Thank you.

Yes, it is an Open-AT application.

So you want a PC application to do this?

But that’s an Open-AT application - to be embedded in a Wavecom device.

Also, it uses WIP - so that hides the details of how it’s actually done.

For a PC, I suspect that the best approach is not to use a modem at all, but to use an internet connection to a suitable gateway?
The documenation for the gateway API will tell you all you need to know…

So you want a PC application to do this?

i’m IT student. it’s my graduation plan. its idea is “manage mobile device”. A GPS device will be embeded to Mobile device (has GPRS modem). Mobile device will get coordinate from GPS device and send a MMS (contain coordinate) via GPRS modem to my host.

My problem is: - A MMS structure?
- Read/write (receive/send) method?
- Open AT software supports library to do this?

Can you help me?

It would have helped if you had explained this in the first place!

Remember: nobody knows anything about you or your project other than what you state explicitly in your posts!

Why MMS?

Doing that research is part of your project!

You’ve read the application note - what do you think?

Help, yes - but not do the project for you!

What is your mobile device platform? Is it some kind of Windows Mobile? If yes, you do not need any wavecom stuff - just use .NET Compact Framework. If your mobile device has wavecom module and does not have a strong processor on board you can use OpenAT to send MMS, but you won’t be able to use .NET to do it.

Yes, it’s multimedia message, it contain: Image, Sound … , i need all them for job

Doing that research is part of your project!

I do it, but if you have a document for MMS structure or send/receice method, can you give me?
(my mail is itsmylife183@live.com - thanks!)

You’ve read the application note - what do you think?

I read and it’s written with C. And my post’s subject is “Can i program to send and receive MMS via GPRS with VS C#?

Help, yes - but not do the project for you!
[/quote]
Of cours, i’ll do it. Here, i want to consult of everybody.

Thank for your reply!

You never mentioned that - you just said GPS coordinates!

Again, Remember: nobody knows anything about you or your project other than what you state explicitly in your posts!

No, you can’t.

C# is a Microsoft language specifically for Microsoft’s platforms.

But ‘C’ is not that far from C# - if you are going to write in C# for a suitable platform, you should be able to just take the ‘C’ source as “pseudocode” to show you what you need to do in C#…

Hi everybody. You can send and receive MMS via GPRS by VS C#.
Here is example for send SMS, but it communicates directly with modem by: Open port -> send AT commands to control modem -> send message.
codeproject.com/KB/cs/Send_and_Read_SMS.aspx
I tested with my modem and it’s OK.

Solution for send MMS via GPRS:
 - MMS structure (google search)
 - Use AT commands for GPRS
 - Socket programming ([codeproject.com/KB/IP/TCPIPChat.aspx](http://www.codeproject.com/KB/IP/TCPIPChat.aspx))
 - Send MMS (or simply is image or sound) by TCP/IP protocol
 It's my idea. And i'm working.

That’s true - but has nothing to do with M2MStudio!

In fact, it has nothing specifically to do with Sierra Wireless (nee Wavecom) products at all - as far as VS C# is concerned, it’s just about sending AT Commands to the PC’s COM port, and receiving the responses from the COM port.

In fact, if you’ve got a PC with an internet connection, you’d probably be better off not using GPRS at all - but go via a suitable gateway service instead!

hi guys

I too just downloaded Multimedia Message Service Application Note.

Thanks,
haricool.