I have an Airlink RV50X router installed in site but unfortunately the router led indicator is flashing red and cannot established network connection. How can I troubleshoot this issue?
Welcome to our community!
- Please make sure you have properly attached the antennas to the device. Two antennas are required when connecting to an LTE network.
- What ALEOS version and radio module firmware is the RV50X running?
- Which network provider’s SIM card are you using?
- Could you please kindly share the full log file and template file from the RV50X with me?
How to check the full log file and template for RV50X?
Thanks for your response!
- The two antennas were properly attached during the installation, but at some point, the Airlink led indicator for network and signal started flashing red.
- How to check the ALEOS version and radio module firmware? can you guide me on this?
- Smart “3G and LTE”
- Could you please give me instruction on how to get the full log file and template file from the RV50X?
After logging in to the ACEmanager page, navigate to the Status > About section, where you will find the ALEOS version and radio firmware.
Here are the instructions for obtaining the log file and template file:
2.1. The configuration template file is in ACEmanager → Template, provide any name you desire for the Template Name, and then press Download to retrieve the template file.
2.2. Collect logs procedure:
a. Go to AceManager > Admin > Log > Configure Logging Set all log levels to DEFAULT (NOTICE) Set Linux Syslog to DISPLAY Then click Apply b. Reboot the gateway. c. Go Admin -> View log -> Download Logs
I’m having a trouble accessing the ACEmanager page, without problems through USB cable. I’m able to connect to Internet and browse the web.
Please, tell me what should I do to access the ACEmanager?
Have you installed the drivers for RV50X? If not, please download and install the drivers from the following link: https://source.sierrawireless.com/resources/airlink/software_downloads/airlink_usb_driver/#sthash.MBkPp71k.dpbs
Adapters. After installing, please share screenshots for both Network Adapters and Ports with me.
I have already established the network-sharing using a USB cable connection from Airlink to my computer, but still
I cannot access the ACEmanager server.
Can you please tell me what I missed?
Please see the attached file for your viewing.
Based on the images you provided, the “Remote NDIS-based Internet Sharing Device” is already showing up in Network Adapters.
When you double-click on the “Remote NDIS”, does it display the IP address as 192.168.14.100 as shown in the attached image? Can you ping 192.168.14.31?
Yes, I can ping the 192.168.14.31, and also I can see now the 192.168.14.100, please tell me what is the next step for me to be able to access the ACEmanager.
You have my many thanks.
Launch your web browser and go to: https://192.168.14.31:9443
· User Name: “user” (entered by default)
· For devices that support unique passwords, the default password is printed on the device label.
· For other devices, the default password is 12345.
Please refer to page 16 of the following document for more information: https://source.sierrawireless.com/resources/airlink/software_reference_docs/airlink-rv-series---configuration-guide/#sthash.GUmpsqKb.dpbs
It seems I still can’t access the IP address you’ve provided, is it because of the firewall or anything that my network prevents me from accessing the ACEmanager?