Sent sms message by WP7702 not received by destination cell

I have been testing sending sms messages via cm sms send command. I use my cell number as Dest number but my cell phone didnt receive any text.

Both at command and cm command has indicated that the sms message was sent, as follows:

Can anyone help me, thank you in advance!

@jeremyinvictoria

If the receiving unit is on cat M1 then the network might not support SMS, if it is NB1 then it certainly will not as SMS is not supported on NB1.

If its on 2G then you should be able to receive it but SMS is literally like posting a letter, you push it into the network and there is no way to force or trigger a delivery of it.

Regards

Matt

Hi Matt,

Thank you for replying. I checked my cell phone(receiving unit), I think it is on LTE which is 4G. so I’m wondering in order to receive the sms message, do I need to change to GSM mode, because 4g is build on the top of 2g, isn’t it?(actually I tried to manually change my cell network mode to “GSM only”, unfortunately, I ended up finding that my service provider , which is Telus, doesn’t provide GSM).

In addition, I don’t think I comprehend what you said “SMS is literally like posting a letter, you push it into the network and there is no way to force or trigger a delivery of it”, did you mean delivering the sms to destination is something out of control by the developer, just depends on the service provider?

BTW, I’m using a sierra wireless sim on WP7702.

Thanks,
Jeremy

Hi Jeremy,
Could you help to share the output of these commands:

• AT+COPS?
  • AT+CSCA?

Thanks,

Hi,

please see the following screenshoot,

Thanks,
Jeremy

@jeremyinvictoria

So from the above you can see from the COPS command that you are using Rogers 2G EDGE (the 3 at the end). On the LTE question with your phone, no you should not have to switch it to 2G, services over LTE are all emulated over IP but without going into too much detail your provider will have a mechanism in place to get SMS’s to UE’s which are sat on LTE.

I have looked at you SIM and can see that you according to our systems you have sent over 100 SMS’s in the last 3-4 days (you will be able to see this as well on the AV platform you have registered to) so they have gone through our systems, once they leave our systems and go to your providers then we lose visibility/control.

Re your summary above about delivery of SMS being outside the control of the developers, yes, this is the case, its a store and forward mechanism and some are better than others.

Regards

Matt

Hi Jeremy,
+CMGS: … is returned after sending SMS, it means that the message is sent to SMSC successfully. And the delivery of SMS to the destination is out of the control of the developers as Matt said.
Please check your SIM card, does it block international sms?
I used Sierra SIM on our WP7702, set up the SMSC as yours and I can send SMS to a test number in US successfully.

Thanks,