RV50 is not connecting to AirVantage

We have been seeing this phenomenon for four weeks. Unfortunately with some regularity. Up to now, we have not been able to find out what this could be. If we look in the log files, the connection to Airvantage has failed. When this connection fails, there is no internet available for the connected devices. After a reboot of the modem, it is usually possible to establish a connection with Airvantage. This concerns RV55 and GX450 modems in our case. If I knew what the cause was, I would share it, but at the moment we have not been offered a solution yet. Who knows what this could be?

Regards Han

Hi Han,

The issue could come from when your device was in a poor-connection area. Please make sure these things below:

• Your device is running the latest ALEOS version
  • You have the correct antenna for the device.
  • Nearby laptop or other electronic equipment may be interfering with the signal. Try moving the gateway to a different location.

Thanks,

Hi,

Thanks for your answer. Bad internet reception is not an issue here. Our country (NL) has a well-developed 4G network. The signal is also not disturbed by external sources. The right antenna is also used. We have tested several types of antenna with the same result every time. Looking in the log file, we see that the connection made with lw.na.airvantage.net:5686 fails. And when this connection is not established, the problem occurs. I can send you the log file if you wish.

Regards Han

Hi Han,

Please send me your log file and configuration file.

You could get your configuration file in ACEmanager → Template → Enter template name and click download button

Thanks,

Hi Jerdung,

Unfortunately, I cannot add the logs to this forum. You will find a download link at the bottom of this message. This text will be blurred. From the RV55 modem I get today. As soon as I have them, I will add them to the case. For your information, we have 4000 Sierra modems running in the field, every day we get about 60 customers on the phone with this problem. Thank you for your cooperation, it is greatly appreciated.

Regards Han

Hi Jerdung, Below is the download link to download the logfiles from the RV55 modem.

Regards Han

Hi Jerdung,

Have you had a chance and time to look into the logs?

Regards Han

Hi Han,

1. Could you confirm that your sim still has the remaining mobile data? If ok, go to the next step.
  2. On ACEmanager, navigate to LAN → Global DNS, set “DNS Override” to “Disable” and reboot in order to make the gateway use DNS directly from the network operator.
  3. Try the test again.

In case your issue still happens, please reset device to factory default and try again.

Thanks,

Hi Jerdung,

Thanks for your answer. Yes I confirm that the sim has still remaining mobile data. The next step we will test. I will let you know the result.

Regards Han

Hi Jerdung,

We disabled DNS override for about 30 customers, but unfortunately this was not the solution. Do you have any other ideas and/or suggestions for solving the problem?

Regards Han

Hi Jerdung,

To get a grip on the situation, I have also set the DNS Local Cache to disable. This is to try it out. As attachment a picture of my own device with the settings for Global DNS. My knowledge does not extend that far, but are the Primary DNS and Secondary settings correct?

Regards Han

Hi Han,
Have you tried to reset the device to factory default?

1. On ACEmanager, navigate to Admin → Reset, set “Reset Configuration” to “Reset All” then click Apply
  2. Click the red button “Reset to Factory Default”
  3. Check if the issue is resolved

Thanks,

Hi Jerdung,

Yes we do a reset of the modem. Also we installed a older, newer and the same FW version on the modem. Unfortunately, without success.

Regards Han